Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

January 31, 2023, 12:56 pm UTC    
September 22, 2022 12:04PM
cladking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Obviously the eight words that comprise
> programming language and which breaks Zipf's Law

...(programmer speaking)... and you know this HOW? And where are you getting those "eight words" from? And which programming language are we talking about? If you're talking about machine language, you are quite incorrect. I know this because I've had to read core dump.

> when used in programming can always be
> "translated" into English but a computer can
> hardly use this English to run a program. When
> "translated" into English every word and sentence
> will have to be parsed to be understood and they
> will obey Zipf's Law.

...and your proof for this is...?

I'd be quite intrigued to see the proof, since Zipf's law applies to the whole corpus. Examining messages here shows that they don't follow Zipf's law and yet are perfectly comprehensible. In fact, individual messages on this board do not show the same pattern of words as predicted in Zipf's law.


> It's very much the same way with math. Yes, you
> can claim that 2 + 2 = 4 is exactly the same thing
> as two plus two equals four but this "translation"
> isn't the same thing. There are strict rules and
> definitions in math for the meaning of every one
> of the terms but English has no such rules.

Actually, English has a LOT of linguistic rules. We notice when non-English speakers violate them.

> Indeed the English can be deconstructed in all
> manner of ways especially if the statement is
> spoken rather than written. "Four" and its
> homonyms have thousands of meanings as do "equal",
> "plus", and "two".

Now you're conflating spoken English with written English. "Four" is not the same as "for" or "fore."

> It's hard to imagine a language that
> is representative, metaphysical, digital, and
> never obeys Zipf's Law, but this is exactly what I
> believe we are dealing with in this specific
> instance.

I don't think you understand Zipf's law and I'm not sure you understand what's meant by digital here. Zipf's law simply predicts how often a certain word will occur in the entire corpus (and needs a very large corpus to show the example. Individual messages here or even single essays violate Zipf's law.)

> Math applies to a single equation or process and
> computer code runs a single program.

...and I'm beginning to suspect you have only a limited idea about math and computer code.


> Bird songs
> would be "unlimited" but the knowledge of
> individual birds is so extremely limited there
> would be very little for them to say about the
> inside of a small box. Their only applicable
> knowledge would probably be that their movements
> are highly restricted and there is air inside the
> box (and a very dead cat).

...or birds (I take it you don't own one.)

> Math and code also contain their limited
> metaphysics in their "grammar' and fixed
> definitions for each word. Both are effectively
> digital.

(raises eyebrow at term 'metaphysics')

> THIS is like Ancient Language if I am
> correct.

Language has to follow certain rules to be utilitarian and understandable. A language that is full of metaphysical analogies or jargon won't survive long enough to be passed on because it's not useful. You have to be able to count cattle and order rocks to be delivered to studios, to be able to record treaties and histories (real or imaginary.)

> language very apparent. Champollion's work simply
> seeks word meanings based on known language. It
> ignores parsing and the fluidity of modern
> languages. But, again, it's unlikely Champollion
> had any AL available to parse so he can't be
> blamed for the errors of later scholars.

He could read and speak at least 11 languages, including some ancient languages. [www.newworldencyclopedia.org]

This would be quite a bit more than either of us reads or speaks (I am fluent in one, tourist-fluent in about three, and can read bits and pieces of Latin and ancient Egyptian.) In addition, those who worked with him or continued his work were also talented linguists who could speak and write in many languages. As the language was translated, we learned many concepts that were not present in ancient writings (ma'at, for instance, or the idea of the multilayered soul).

And as we've seen, your "translations" don't hold up even when compared to other sections of things like the Pyramid Texts/Coffin Texts.

-- Byrd
Moderator, Hall of Ma'at
Subject Author Posted

Happy 200th Hieroglyphs Deciphering Anniversary Day, Champollion!

Hermione September 14, 2022 02:48AM

Re: Happy 200th Hieroglyphs Deciphering Day, Champollion!

engbren September 17, 2022 06:49AM

Thanks (n/t)

Hermione September 17, 2022 07:45AM

Thanks

cladking September 17, 2022 01:04PM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 20, 2022 01:13AM

Re: Thanks

Hermione September 20, 2022 05:21AM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 20, 2022 10:13AM

Re: Thanks

Hermione September 20, 2022 10:27AM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 20, 2022 01:40PM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 20, 2022 04:25PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 21, 2022 09:28AM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 21, 2022 11:03AM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 21, 2022 12:50PM

Young and Champollion

Hermione September 21, 2022 04:02PM

Very interesting, thanks (n/t)

cladking September 22, 2022 10:20AM

You cannot translate or 'interpret' a language you cannot read

Hans_lune September 21, 2022 05:08PM

Re: Thanks

Byrd September 21, 2022 04:51PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 22, 2022 10:18AM

Re: Thanks

Byrd September 22, 2022 12:04PM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 22, 2022 12:15PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 22, 2022 02:13PM

Re: Thanks

Hermione September 22, 2022 02:38PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 22, 2022 03:12PM

Re: Thanks

Hermione September 22, 2022 05:05PM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 22, 2022 06:15PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 23, 2022 08:57AM

Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

Hermione September 23, 2022 10:05AM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

Hans_lune September 23, 2022 11:56AM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

Hermione September 23, 2022 02:32PM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

cladking September 23, 2022 07:08PM

A full translation of the PT into AL?

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 04:38PM

Re: A full translation of the PT into AL?

cladking September 24, 2022 04:58PM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

cladking September 23, 2022 11:58AM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

Hermione September 23, 2022 02:23PM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyphic characters

cladking September 23, 2022 04:50PM

Really?

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 04:41PM

Re: Really?

cladking September 24, 2022 05:12PM

Re: Really?

cladking September 24, 2022 05:20PM

We don't believe a word you are saying, your opinions are not facts

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 05:27PM

Re: We don't believe a word you are saying, your opinions are not facts

cladking September 24, 2022 05:46PM

Re: We don't believe a word you are saying, your opinions are not facts

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 05:55PM

Nonsense

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 05:28PM

Rejected for lack of evidence

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 05:29PM

Re: Examples of hieroglyphs/hieroglyph ic characters

Hermione September 25, 2022 04:18AM

Re: Thanks

Hans_lune September 22, 2022 06:13PM

Re: Thanks

Byrd September 23, 2022 11:09PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 24, 2022 08:57AM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 24, 2022 09:11AM

They did not think at all and had no word for "think" or any abstraction.

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 04:43PM

Ancient lanaguage is debunked

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 04:31PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 22, 2022 02:28PM

no matter how much you spew nonsense - it still remains nonsense

Hans_lune September 22, 2022 03:04PM

(To Byrd) Hear, hear! (n/t)

Hermione September 22, 2022 02:30PM

Re: (To Byrd) Hear, hear! (n/t)

Hans_lune September 22, 2022 03:05PM

Re: Thanks

cladking September 22, 2022 10:40AM

More on Ancient Languages ...

Hermione September 22, 2022 04:58PM

Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 05:31PM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Hans_lune September 24, 2022 06:12PM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Hermione September 25, 2022 04:40AM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

cladking September 28, 2022 08:45AM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Hermione September 28, 2022 09:12AM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Hans_lune September 28, 2022 11:20AM

Cladking remains debunked - ancient language doesn't exist

Hans_lune September 28, 2022 11:32AM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Byrd September 28, 2022 07:59PM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

Hans_lune September 28, 2022 08:35PM

Re: Early next week we will restart the Shu experiments

cladking October 01, 2022 09:14AM

Shu experiment shows you are wrong

Hans_lune October 01, 2022 11:01AM

Ancient (Goofy) Language debunked

Hans_lune September 27, 2022 10:54PM

Best evidence of geysers

Hans_lune September 29, 2022 11:56PM



Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login