Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 15, 2024, 6:02 am UTC    
April 04, 2005 05:16PM
Sasuke is a red eared slider. A young one as well so we're not holding our breath. We had no clue that to sell a turtle of Sasuke's size (his carapace is maybe a little under 2 inches long) was banned in the US. We were going to relocate Sasuke to my husband's office but we managed to find a turtle water treatment for reducing salmonella. Since I'm the one with the science background, I'm the one that is taking care of Sasuke until he's bigger. Considering Sasuke is so young, probably for the best. It's been enlightening so far. I've been reading up as much as I can on caring for the little guy so his odds of surviving are better. He didn't eat the first day or so but finally has an appetite again.

We picked up a 10 gallon tank for starters and some larger gravel (not appetizing size for now but will have to go as he gets bigger) so that I could make slope so that Sasuke has a "swimming" area as well as a "beach" with round, smooth river rocks. At night, he seems to enjoy crawling under the rocks to snooze. So far, he's done some redecorating, moving the river rocks around so that he has areas to climb up on out so he's partially out of the water. Anything else, we're going to have to order online, lol.

If Sasuke lives, I'm going to have to eventually build him an outdoor pond for during the summer months. Luckily, I'm not too worried about any loss of power in the coming winter as our new home will have alternate forms of heating. He is the absolute center of attention in the house right now so I have no worries about him not being adored despite his coldbloodedness. The kids may not be able to handle him but they love watching him swim around and "redecorate". He actually swims over and seem to look at them while they look at him. Pretty cool little guy and I'm doing my best to take care of him. smiling smiley Any tips you can add about baby red eared sliders?

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

Turtles....

Stephanie April 04, 2005 10:31AM

Re: Turtles....

Stephanie April 04, 2005 10:34AM

Katherine Reece April 04, 2005 10:40AM

Lee April 04, 2005 10:54AM

Stephanie April 04, 2005 05:16PM

Lee April 05, 2005 09:48AM

Stephanie April 05, 2005 12:02PM

Joanne April 04, 2005 04:56PM

Stephanie April 04, 2005 05:20PM

Joanne April 04, 2005 11:50PM

Stephanie April 05, 2005 02:19AM

Voltaire April 05, 2005 10:23AM

Stephanie April 05, 2005 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login