Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 7, 2024, 12:09 am UTC    
August 18, 2015 06:16PM
Well since I read the link by Hermoine I assume I am meant to post my thoughs here and I like that better.

Hi all this posting is going to tie up, and tie in, an awful lot of loose ends ( I hope). It will also answer some intriquing questions. One answer that it seems to answer in a very unique and novel way is where the cubit may have originated. It aslo indirectly ( or maybe directly) answers the question of why are the pyramids the size that they are. It also I think (for the time being anyway) lays to rest the notion that The Ancient Builders knew and used Pi and decimals, and finally I think it also ends speculation that The Ancient Builders knew and used a 360 degree circle. All those "crazy" ideas I had appear to have been shattered with a clearer understanding of how things may have worked in Ancient Egypt. But before we get to the meat of my theories I have to preface it by saying this: "In my estimation there is no proof that The Ancient Egyptians of 2500 BC actually built the orignal pyramids at Giza. They may have stood there for untold millenia and were simply reused in the manner I suggest here. The argument can go both ways. Notwithstanding this, it is my contention that what follows in my theory is what the pyramids were used for and possibly designed for and the methods I am about to propose were forgotten and discarded when that "Thief of Greece" Pythagaros, stole the idea and made it into something else. And a final note here. I am 65 years old and I remember quite vividly that up untill Grade 11 the accepted aprroximation for Pi was 22/7 or as they called it in my school, "Greek Pi" or 3 and 1/7 th as in those days we used fractions a lot. This posting I hope will be a learning experience for you as it has been for me. Is it the correct solution ? Well I have been asking for a solution to this problem for 16 years. Here is the simple question that has once again opened a Pandora's Box of knowledge. "How did The Ancient Egyptians lay out the fields again after the inundation had washed away all of the property corners" In 16 years I was never given an answer. Even George Johnson, an Egyptologist over at Guardian Egypt was unable to answer the question, so as I am apt to do, I decided to try to figure it out myself and the solution I have found is ingenius and even if this is not what they used the concept is so simple you will be hard pressed to not believe that they used it in this manner.

When most people think about the surveyors of Ancient Egypt they see surveyors with transits and levels and 100 cubit long ropes measuring ... but you know what - did they, or you, ever stop to think from where were they measuring from and more to the point ... to what were they measuring to. Also I was dumbfounded by the notion that such a rich and cultured and advanced civilization could not even tell or read angles. It simply did not make sense and so I went in search of a way to read angles ... but not have angles. Sound like double speak ? Well I don't blame you for in reality it is. But from pondering that question the floodgates of ancient measures and design came flooding into the harbor of unknowing. The seas of darkness had been breached and I feel I had been flooded with the knowledge that had been held back. It is so ingenious it will make you smile. I had managed to find a way to read angles, measure distances and lay out literally all of Ancient Egypt WITHOUT A TRANSIT OR A LEVEL OR A TAPE MEASURE. It is wild and soon I will slowly post the solution for as some say about a fine wine and I say about a nice new break through in knowledge it has to be savored and enjoyed for it can never ever be enjoyed in the same way again.

Cheers
Don Barone

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 06:24PM by Ahatmose.
Subject Author Posted

The Secret Surveyors and The Methods They Used

Don Barone August 18, 2015 05:35PM

Re: The Secret Surveyors and The Methods They Used

Don Barone August 18, 2015 06:16PM

Hermione August 19, 2015 02:53AM

Don Barone August 19, 2015 08:26AM

Don Barone August 19, 2015 10:21AM

Don Barone August 19, 2015 11:14AM

Hermione August 19, 2015 03:13AM

Don Barone August 19, 2015 01:30PM

Don Barone August 20, 2015 08:42AM

Re: Base / Pi / 360 / Egypt

Mark Heaton April 21, 2017 03:14PM

Byrd August 20, 2015 12:18PM

Hermione August 20, 2015 12:26PM

Don Barone February 20, 2017 10:13AM

Don Barone April 17, 2017 11:03AM

Hermione April 18, 2017 03:20AM

Don Barone April 18, 2017 01:30PM

Don Barone March 26, 2018 08:37PM

Don Barone March 27, 2018 09:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login