Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 6:35 pm UTC    
February 23, 2005 10:40AM
Growing up in rural France just after WW II when you were sick or injured you went to a healer before you went to a doctor . I witnessed 2 " miracles" ; monday morning was wash day , my mother used to heat water in a vat on the coal stove and when boiling ,carried it to a larger vat where she did the washing . One day something went wrong and in front of my eyes scalded her left arm and side .My mother was in pain . She put her coat on and we went to the healer who was the Baker 's mother and fortunately had their house and shop less than 200 m away . In a few minutes saying some kind of prayers or incantations and making crosses on my mother 's arm , the pain was gone but the redness of the burn remained ; we went back home and my mother went on with her day as if nothing had happened . I was 5 years old at the time and remember this day as if it was yesterday .
About 8 years later a friend of us we were visiting badly sprained one of his ankles and could not walk ; with a crutch he walked several hundred meters to the village healer and when he came back he was holding the crutch in his hand and was walking normally ! I heard many other stories about miracle cures and fortunately never had to go to a healer myself.

Some people do heal through a transfer of energy but I if you are going to be helped ,it is like the placebo effect , you have to seriously believe in the process .

Robert LaFrance

A peasant must wait a long time on a hillside with his mouth open , before a roast duck flies in . Chinese proverb
Subject Author Posted

by any other name but reiki

Marduk February 22, 2005 12:13PM

Re: by any other name but reiki

Simon February 22, 2005 11:17PM

Robert LaFrance February 23, 2005 10:40AM

Ritva Kurittu February 23, 2005 12:47PM

Wishcometrue March 09, 2005 12:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login