Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 11:45 pm UTC    
February 22, 2005 12:13PM
I have this power.
It's a weird thing to think about or to try and understand when you're this close to it.
I am a healer.
I've always had an ability to take loved ones pain away. even when i was much younger (post puberty).I used to do that by laying my hands on the afflicted area and kinda pushing or pulling on the pain with my mind. They'd get better and half the time i'd get their pain. For a while i told myself that all it was is the power of suggestion.
i.e. that if they believe i can do it then thats whats doing the healing.
Then in feb 2003 i got a shock to my system that is a little frightening.
Things started to manifest around the house. coins, food, keys.
i went through a period of self discovery.
last year i heard the name reiki for the first time and so have labelled my ability with that name ever since.
then yesterday something happened that causes me to doubt it.

I've been healing a friend who has a damaged vertebra ( the third down in the neck).
normally this works by her laying down and closing her eyes and me standing over her palms out. I feel an energy rise from my feet and pulse along my thighs. It seems to jump from there directly to my hands that become very hot. the tissue in my thighs seems to grip the bones very tightly (as if being electrocuted) i normally hold my hands about 20 cm away from the area i'm working on otherwise i hear complaints about an intense burning sensation. Practising i have discovered that my hands get so hot that i can curl paper.
Yesterday she contacted me online and told me that she was in intense pain. So i did the normal reiki thing.it took 3 minutes She had immediate relief from all pain and the fingers in her left hand began to tingle. She is as far as i know pain free still.
This is the odd thing.
She was 17 miles away at the time.
i asked her to relax and proceeded to visualise her in front of me. I know her body shape very well from reikiing her before so visulaising her wasn't problematical.
She said something odd. that when i was doing it she couldn't feel the part of her neck at all. like it wasn't there.
The experience left me feeling mentally exhausted and i made some extremely errant postings yesterday due to the fact that i couldn't think straight. I apologised to Kat and asked her to delete anything dodgy at all (several posts deleted) because i was unable to judge personally their content. If I offended anyone in my weakened metntal state let me take this oppotunity to apologise here (warwick sorry mate)
so today i did a little research and discovered that reiki can be performed at a distance but there are great differences between what i can do and what the traditional reiki method claims.
then this afternoon i engaged upon an experiment with another maat member to see if i could replicate the results with someone who i am not all that familiar with physically.
this was over a 45 mile distance.
that maat member reported the same thing. a complete loss of sensation during the procedure in the target area.
so far i'm two for two
the questions that rise to the forefront of my brain are.....

1. Is practicing reiki supposed to mentally exhaust the practicioners to this degree
2. Has anyone else heard of hands that have to be 20 cm away or they burn
3. Does anyone else know anybody that can heal real time over the internet
4. where do i go from here
5. Is this normal for someone who has never received any training in this kind of thing whatsoever.
6. Is this reiki or something else

there is another ability.
twice now people have asked me to tell them which part of their body is afflicted.
the first my friend had 5 problem areas.
i found them all no problem by just running my hands over and feeling the heat return get hotter in certain areas.
so thats 5 for 5
the second was the other maat member. Who i have never met. who i have had no access to physically apart from a photograph of their back. nor am i aware of any of their past medical history
Maybe i should let that person say what they experienced and how they think i knew it was the left upper back area that was causing problems. this experince left me exhausted again but not as much.

This isn't an ability that i would ever feel good about charging someone for.
just doesn't fit in with my altruistic nature
yeah you heard me right. altrusistic.
Its also a little embarressing because i shake and groan like Elvis when doing this.

why do i hear people laughing behind their hands at this point.

M

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2005 12:17PM by marduk.
Subject Author Posted

by any other name but reiki

Marduk February 22, 2005 12:13PM

Re: by any other name but reiki

Simon February 22, 2005 11:17PM

Robert LaFrance February 23, 2005 10:40AM

Ritva Kurittu February 23, 2005 12:47PM

Wishcometrue March 09, 2005 12:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login