Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 16, 2024, 8:28 am UTC    
August 02, 2005 03:00PM
Listen up Kenuchelover and I did type Indun.

No you don't

YOu claimed to be "Native American" yet you speak like an Apple. For those of you who have never lived or visited Indian Reservations you'll know from today on
that this is an endearing term used when speaking to other indigene who prefer to not be defined as Native Americans or Indians as both are incorrect. Some use the term First Nations and others prefer good old fashioned Indun.
The only kids that befriended me in America lived on the Pauite reservation. There are several First Nations students in my classes and my ranch foreman is Nemu as well.
So just about every day over the phone or over email i get a
Hey Indun. Speak it Indun. Tagwe Indun. Tokechow Indun. Aaay just say Indun. ITs a way of avoiding getting sticky in the cloak of rightmanness. If you always right you might get crook necked. No one wants to be crook necked. So be it Indun.

I've provided a specific reference about the the genetic disperal and origins of the domestic fowl. ANYONE that actually read it would catch the important data.
If you want to weigh in with authority it is important that you not get so full of yourself that you start talking sauce. That is talking over people and insulting them to make a point.
In the original paper on genetic dispersal there is a clear discussion of three issues Ive covered since.
1. Gallus bankiva is genetically distinct from Gallus gallus
2. the Rflp types derived of bankiva are exceedingly rare in tested domestic fowl.
HAve a look where the tissue samples were collected please and actually read the paper.
3. the Rflp types of three listed "breeds" found throughout Indonesia and Papua New Guinea, Oceania and South America are listed
Ayam kedu, Ayam katai, Ayam pelung.

Hard citation there Mr. and you are so sure of your authority that you never bothered to actually try and think about what what I attempted to share with you. And granted email sucks for knowing what the other person is thinking but Kenuchelover, your over the top in the attitude department. Im certain Im not the only person who has been singed by your freeze burn analysis. If all the secrets and mysteries of the world were known with such authority there wouldn't be any need for Trolls like myself or Pedantsauces either.
In the meantime our banter is not that interesting to anyone.

As you clearly don't know anything about Yamashina, his family or his institute what are you doing making assumptions? Our families are very close. I looked after his collection as a child and worked for his brother and his cousins in college. I earned my reputation as a reliable research assistant. I don't need to prove myself to you or to anyone and I certainly havent asked for any qualifications from you save for what state of apple your mind is. Our two families respective foundations created the Western Foundation of Vertebrate Zoology and provide annual grants to enumerous institutions and researchers in the fields of sustainable development, archeology, intrepetive exhibit design, the permanent secretariate on indigenous affairs and wildlife conservation. A curatorial intern or a stewards apprentice is responsible for specific duties. CHewing up and regurgitating great science is not one of them.
I also think it is more important that anyone reading the thread is capable of following a line of logic. Links and citations are essential. But roosters are known to fight the fence even when there are chicken hawks and weasels after the hens and snakes and rats after the eggs.

Your assertion that junglefowl are barely species and as such my waste of hours typing this manifesto is all the more pathetic underlines the flaw of your self perpetuating hegemony.
The different species of junglefowl share what is described in evolutionary biology terminology as conservative morphology. This means for those of you that havent eaten any books lately that the different species LOOK similar. Their similar shapes don't make them the same species. They are actually very ancient and have many millions of years in genetic isolation from one another hence the species nomenclature.

When you call my credibility into question you are crossing a line.
I am more than the sum of my experiences. There is more to being me than I have stated.Dont presuppose me off your life raft. I am the river. What is more Im not accustomed to people speaking to me or about me with any level of disrespect. Being an Indigene myself I have thick skin and am not insulted easily. My sense of humor escapes everyone at times. Ill assume for now yours does as well.

No you don't
Subject Author Posted

Human Lymphocyte Antigens: Apparent Afro-Asiatic, Southern Asian, & European HLAs in Indigenous American Populations

Doug Weller July 30, 2005 09:37AM

Re: Human Lymphocyte Antigens: Apparent Afro-Asiatic, Southern Asian, & European HLAs in Indigenous American Populations

donald raab July 30, 2005 02:30PM

Re: Human Lymphocyte Antigens: Apparent Afro-Asiatic, Southern Asian, & European HLAs in Indigenous American Populations

Pacal July 30, 2005 03:10PM

kenuchelover July 31, 2005 11:47AM

donald raab July 31, 2005 08:48PM

Mihos August 01, 2005 08:24AM

kenuchelover August 01, 2005 05:31PM

Mihos August 01, 2005 11:33PM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 11:22AM

Mihos August 02, 2005 11:33AM

Moderation Note

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 11:35AM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 01:20PM

kenuchelover August 01, 2005 05:27PM

Roxana Cooper August 01, 2005 09:38AM

bernard July 30, 2005 03:04PM

Mihos July 30, 2005 09:34PM

bernard July 30, 2005 11:07PM

kenuchelover July 31, 2005 11:33AM

Mihos July 31, 2005 03:56PM

Mihos July 31, 2005 04:02PM

Mihos July 31, 2005 04:08PM

kenuchelover July 31, 2005 05:15PM

Katherine Reece July 31, 2005 05:23PM

bernard July 31, 2005 05:28PM

Josh August 17, 2005 02:33PM

John Wall August 17, 2005 02:35PM

Moderation Note to Mihos

Katherine Reece July 31, 2005 04:15PM

Mihos July 31, 2005 04:46PM

Katherine Reece July 31, 2005 05:21PM

Mihos August 01, 2005 08:03AM

Katherine Reece August 01, 2005 09:29AM

Mihos August 01, 2005 09:54AM

Katherine Reece August 01, 2005 10:33AM

Mihos August 01, 2005 06:59PM

Katherine Reece August 01, 2005 07:08PM

bernard August 01, 2005 07:20PM

Mihos August 01, 2005 11:32PM

Mihos August 02, 2005 01:01AM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 11:04AM

Mihos August 02, 2005 11:34AM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 01:14PM

bernard August 01, 2005 12:49PM

kenuchelover August 01, 2005 05:34PM

kenuchelover August 01, 2005 07:00PM

kenuchelover July 31, 2005 05:45PM

Totally irrellevant nonsense.

kenuchelover July 31, 2005 05:28PM

Re: Totally irrellevant nonsense.

Mihos August 01, 2005 08:20AM

Re: Totally irrellevant nonsense.

kenuchelover August 01, 2005 07:57PM

bernard July 31, 2005 10:58PM

kenuchelover August 01, 2005 07:40PM

Mihos August 02, 2005 12:38AM

Mihos August 02, 2005 12:52AM

bernard August 02, 2005 10:41AM

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 10:44AM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 11:17AM

Mihos August 02, 2005 01:59PM

Whoa!

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 02:07PM

Re: Whoa!

Mihos August 02, 2005 03:07PM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 03:56PM

Sourial Ma'ahes Amoun August 02, 2005 04:06PM

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 04:09PM

Mihos August 02, 2005 04:16PM

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 04:19PM

Mihos still hasn't a clue, finally admits no credentials & merely half recalls OLD private theory of elderly Japanese researcher.

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 03:45PM

Re: Mihos still hasn't a clue, finally admits no credentials & merely half recalls OLD private theory of elderly Japanese researcher.

Sourial Ma'ahes Amoun August 02, 2005 03:59PM

Mihos.... a word please....

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 04:02PM

\ OLD private theory of elderly Japanese researcher.

Mihos August 02, 2005 04:37PM

Re: Mihos still hasn't a clue, finally admits no credentials & merely half recalls OLD private theory of elderly Japanese researcher.

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 04:48PM

irrelevant

bernard August 02, 2005 03:54PM

Re: irrelevant

Mihos August 02, 2005 04:15PM

bernard August 02, 2005 04:52PM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 04:59PM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 01:08PM

Using people's names in posts

Doug Weller August 02, 2005 01:19PM

Re: Using people's names in posts

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 01:28PM

Mihos August 02, 2005 03:00PM

David Campbell August 02, 2005 04:04PM

Moderation Note

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 04:06PM

kenuchelover August 02, 2005 04:39PM

Hans July 31, 2005 12:38PM

bernard July 31, 2005 05:27PM

Thread reopened

Katherine Reece August 02, 2005 05:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login