Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 11:36 am UTC    
January 18, 2011 10:51AM
>>Firstly, it should be noted that Moses did not adopt the Egyptian calendar with its ten day week and thirty day month, but preserved the seven day week and lunar months of the calendar of Israel.<<

OK but Israel did not exist then, I guess you mean the calendar the Hebrews used. But the lunar calendar configuration is not so different from Egyptian beliefs.
28 days x 13 lunar months = 364 days
28 digits = 1 royal cubit
28/4 = 7 (days per week)
28/2 = 14 (the number of pieces Osiris body )
We should also keep in mind the creation of the cosmos (Solar System) in 6 days. On the 7th God rested. The Hellenic word for God – Theos shows us that God is an electron.
Travelling at the speed of light for 6 days he created the solar system. Proof:

6 x 24 x 60 x 60 = 518,400 seconds of time
c = 299,792,458 m/sec
518,400 sec x 299,792,458 m/sec = 155,412,410,227,200 m

The celestial body of our solar system that reaches the maximum distance away from the Sun is the planetoid Sedna:

Sedna aphelion = 143,731,017,204,000 m

Thus if God at time 0 emits photons from the Sun in all directions, then at 6 days a sphere of light would have formed that would perfectly encompass the whole solar system.

>>Secondly, Moses killed an Egyptian, and then fled Egypt, living away from Egypt for forty years - under the influence of his father-in-law, Jethro, who was priest of Midian. I presume this was another religious influence on the life of Moses.<<

The Midian (GHS MADIAM: land Madiam in Hellenic) reference is very interesting. So were the Midians influenced by the Egyptian sacred beliefs? And when did this occur? Through the Hyksos maybe? The fact that the land of Midian was in southern Sina near the tallest peaks of this peninsula also agrees with my star-mountain-pyramid theory. Even Aaron’s name (brother of Moses who was into religion) could be translated into mountain!

>> Thirdly, the real mother of Moses became his nurse after adoption by Pharaoh's daughter, so he had little chance to forget that he was actually an Israelite. And he didn't forget - choosing to suffer affliction with the Israelites rather than enjoying the pleasures of Egypt.<<

I think nobody questions Moses’s decent, he was not Egyptian.

>> Fourthly, Moses gave a specific command to the children of Israel, as recorded in the book of Deuteronomy:
'...beware of looking up to the sky and then, as you see the whole host of heaven, the sun and moon and stars, letting yourselves be allured to bend in worship of them. The Eternal your God has allotted them for worship to all nations under the broad sky, but the Eternal took you and lifted you from the iron furnace of Egypt, to be a people of his own ...'<<

They had a mission to accomplish, and to accomplish it, it was better for them to not know the details. If they did the magic would go away and most probably they might not go ahead with it. In science one starts to ask annoying questions, in religion it is better not to ask questions.

>>The biblical record notes that the Israelites worshipped a golden calf, defying the commandments that Moses had given them ie some Israelites wanted to worship idols, just as they had seen in Egypt, but this was not due to Moses the man of God.<<

Hm, golden calf, like the Big Dipper bull’s leg…

By the way I went over the Giza layout data, and noticed that I was not using the most accurate data. Taking the exact mean azimuth of Khufu and Kafre pyramids as measured by Petrie and adding that to his triangulated calculation outcome I obtained:

theta = Kafre pyramid – Khufu pyramid azimuth = 43.4574°
phi = complementary angle = East - Kafre pyramid – Khufu pyramid angle = 46.5426°

I re-computed the date when at Hierakonpolis the altitude of Alnilam at transit was theta and came up with a date Jan 20 3771 BC.

This is closer to the Hebrew 3760 BC date. Off course the exact position of reference at Hierakonpolis needs to be taken into account if we want increased accuracy. I don't think carbon dating can match this 10 year accuracy range.

But there are interesting things to notice when moving to other places on the globe at this period in relation to star alignments – relative to the Giza layout. Guess where…

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 11:00AM by Ogygos.
Subject Author Posted

Zep Tepi and the Jewish calendar as a pyramid precursor

Ogygos January 16, 2011 11:16AM

Re: Zep Tepi and the Jewish calendar as a pyramid precursor

Mark Heaton January 16, 2011 12:58PM

Re: Zep Tepi and the Jewish calendar as a pyramid precursor

Ogygos January 18, 2011 10:51AM

Re: Calendar of Israel

Mark Heaton January 19, 2011 01:10PM

sansahansan January 19, 2011 02:08PM

Mark Heaton January 19, 2011 04:25PM

Ogygos January 19, 2011 05:19PM

Don Barone January 19, 2011 10:50PM

Ogygos January 20, 2011 03:42AM

Ogygos January 20, 2011 04:21PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login