Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 27, 2024, 3:25 am UTC    
December 27, 2021 11:45AM
cladking Wrote:

Al-Mas’udi, Meadows of Gold (c. 947-956 CE)
Chapter 31
...On the question of the construction of the pyramids: “They were,” he (the Copt) continued, “the tombs of the kings. When one of their kings died, his body was placed in a stone basin similar to what is called a djarun in Egypt and Syria; this they sealed with a lid, and they started to construct the pyramid from the base up to a certain height. The sarcophagus was deposited at the center of the building, and they continued to raise the vault up to the height you see.

Al-Idrisi, History of the Pyramids (c. 1150 CE)
The Pyramids are six miles from Cairo. The height of them is four hundred cubits, and the square of the bases the same. The blocks, with which they were built are five cubits high, and ten or fifteen cubits long. They diminish at the top to a space scarcely sufficient for a camel to lie down. The way to them is by a bridge, and by a town, called Dashur, where Joseph was imprisoned, a distance of three miles; and to the Pyramids is five miles; and they are the same distance from the river. These buildings were covered with inscriptions, which are nearly effaced; and in the interior of each of them there is a passage, barely allowing of an entrance. The two Great Pyramids have a subterraneous communication; and they are said to have been tombs, and previously granaries.

Abd Al-Latif al-Baghdadi, Account of Egypt (after 1200 CE)
I have read in some of the books of the antient Sabaeans, that one of these two Pyramids is the tomb of Agathodaemon, and the other of Hermes, who are said to have been two great prophets, of whom Agathodaemon was the most famous and the most antient. It is also said, that people used to come from all parts of the world on a pilgrimage to these tombs.

Abu Al-Makarim, History of Churches and Monasteries (13th century CE)
Folio 59a
In the western part of Al-Jiziyah (Giza) are the tombs of the kings or Pharaohs, in which are their treasures, all traces of which have been effaced.

Folio 68b
Near the town [of Memphis] are the pyramids, three in number. The height of the great pyramid is four hundred cubits. The pyramids were the landmarks and the dwelling-places built by Asghusa, the greatest of all the kings of the earth, and by Arghash, the brother of Shaddad, and by Shaddad, son of 'Ad, and Malik, son of 'Ad. and Farmashat, brother of 'Ad, whose ancestor was the king Arzakusha. He built here eight hundred courses, and then died. In these high towers, which are the two great landmarks, [these kings] placed their treasures and their tombs.

Al-Dimashqi, Cosmography 1.9 (before 1327)

In front of each of these apartments, there is an idol hollowed out of gold, holding his hand in his mouth; on his forehead he bears a Himyarite inscription; when one reads it aloud, he opens his mouth, and therein is the key to the lock. The Copts claim that these two pyramids and the little ones are tombs;

Abu al-Fida, Historia Ante-Islamica 5 (1329)
They (the Sabaeans) also worship the pyramids of Egypt, one of which is said to be the tomb of Seth, son of Adam, and the other that of Idris or Enoch.

Bernhard von Breydenbach, Peregrinatio in terram sanctam (1486)
Latin version of 1486, folio 116 recto
Beyond the Nile we beheld many pyramids, which in ages past the kings of Egypt caused to be built over their tombs, of which the vulgar say that these are the granaries or storehouses which were built there by Joseph in order to store grain. However, this is clearly false, for these pyramids are not hollow inside.

Al-Mas’udi, Meadows of Gold (c. 947-956 CE)
Chapter 31
...On the question of the construction of the pyramids: “They were,” he (the Copt) continued, “the tombs of the kings. When one of their kings died, his body was placed in a stone basin similar to what is called a djarun in Egypt and Syria; this they sealed with a lid, and they started to construct the pyramid from the base up to a certain height. The sarcophagus was deposited at the center of the building, and they continued to raise the vault up to the height you see

[www.jasoncolavito.com]
Subject Author Posted

I'll sing you the eleven who went to heaven

Hermione December 26, 2021 06:34AM

Re: I'll sing you the eleven who went to heaven

cladking December 26, 2021 07:35PM

Yawn

Hans December 27, 2021 12:45AM

Hermione December 27, 2021 06:37AM

Hans December 27, 2021 11:09AM

cladking December 27, 2021 11:25AM

Hans December 27, 2021 11:32AM

Hermione December 27, 2021 11:39AM

Hans December 27, 2021 11:49AM

Hermione December 27, 2021 12:15PM

Hans December 27, 2021 12:22PM

cladking December 27, 2021 11:52AM

I don't think so

Hans December 27, 2021 12:01PM

cladking December 27, 2021 11:10AM

Look up the word disingenuous Cladking

Hans December 27, 2021 11:16AM

Hermione December 27, 2021 11:57AM

Hans December 27, 2021 12:05PM

cladking December 27, 2021 03:30PM

Learn how to read the ancient Egyptian language Cladking

Hans December 27, 2021 08:17PM

Cladking you really don't know anything about this subject do you?

Hans December 27, 2021 11:45AM

Re: Cladking you really don't know anything about this subject do you?

cladking December 27, 2021 03:47PM

Joseph's Granaries ....

Hermione December 27, 2021 06:01PM

Re: Joseph's Granaries ....

Hans December 27, 2021 08:19PM

cladking December 27, 2021 08:49PM

Hans December 27, 2021 11:22PM

Re: Cladking you really don't know anything about this subject do you?

Hans December 27, 2021 08:13PM

Later European writers on the pyramids as tombs

Hans December 27, 2021 11:56AM

Re: Later European writers on the pyramids as tombs

cladking December 27, 2021 04:03PM

Re: Later European writers on the pyramids as tombs

Hans December 27, 2021 08:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login