Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 13, 2024, 4:07 am UTC    
February 11, 2008 06:20PM
Nice to see that some of you found my theory interesting enough to post replies to. I'll just make this single reply rather than individual ones. I'll try to sum up why this theory is superior to all predecessors, in my opinion.

The angle between the three stars is 169.6239797°, which is much closer to the true pyramids angle of 168.5387656° than are any three of Orion's stars, which are all over 172 degrees apart, including the belt stars. I've checked virtually every other possible three star combination in the Giza sky (over time) and there are few that come that close. They have to be fairly bright stars or they wouldn't even have been considered by the Egyptians so it really isn't all that large a number of possible combinations and I doubt if I missed any, though I'm surprised I didn't notice this one in Leo before now.

The distance ratio between the stars is not exactly the same as the pyramids, the distance between the upper two stars being only slightly more than the bottom two, but we're still only talking about 7/100ths difference in the two ratios.

The upper star is a little brighter than the middle one and the lowest star is the least bright, like the pyramids are in size.

The stars are in a very similar relationship to the Hydra constellation as the pyramids are to the Nile and you can even see how the hydra stars are in a very similar shape to the very part of the Nile where the pyramids are situated, just back from a protruding area (out in front of the Sphinx) like the protruding area right around Alphard.

I never said that the Egyptians modeled the Sphinx on the constellation Leo. I simply called the theory the "Leo" correlation because that's where the stars are, in our modern Leo constellation. I had to call it something. I said that the Sphinx is looking at the star Alphard. This whole scene in the sky is in the East, right where the Sphinx is gazing. I didn't say he was gazing at himself as Leo, that was Hancock and Bauval. He's looking at the rising sun, and the stars I specified rising right before it. And these are not insignificant stars, they are quite bright and easily noticeable, especially if you are looking at a Nile shaped constellation and the rising sun a lot, like the Egyptians. How could they miss those stars rising right before the sun during the summer? They'd have to be blind. In fact, if there is any part of the whole sky that you would expect to find stars corresponding to the pyramids (assuming that any did) it would be right there where the sun rises. The fact that I found exactly that, three stars on the ecliptic (at least two of them right on it) clearly visible before every sunrise in the whole summer and fall, almost perfectly matching the relative positions of the three pyramids, is just too much to accept as simple chance. It would be a miracle if the pyramids DIDN'T represent those three stars, not if they did. You would have to give me a very good reason NOT to believe that because I just listed a bunch of real good reasons why I should.
Subject Author Posted

Leo Correlation Theory

Sah_4 February 10, 2008 11:59PM

Re: Leo Correlation Theory

Hermione February 11, 2008 03:53AM

Sah_4 February 11, 2008 07:31AM

Sah_4 February 11, 2008 07:59AM

Chris Tedder February 11, 2008 09:11AM

Katherine Reece February 11, 2008 01:03PM

Chris Tedder February 11, 2008 02:47PM

Katherine Reece February 11, 2008 02:54PM

Chris Tedder February 11, 2008 03:23PM

Warwick L Nixon February 11, 2008 03:21PM

Katherine Reece February 11, 2008 03:24PM

Morph February 11, 2008 08:07PM

Sah_4 February 11, 2008 06:20PM

Chris Tedder February 11, 2008 07:23PM

Morph February 11, 2008 08:13PM

Chris Tedder February 12, 2008 09:39AM

Morph February 12, 2008 01:24PM

Warwick L Nixon February 12, 2008 10:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login