Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 28, 2024, 5:24 am UTC    
December 08, 2007 09:54PM
I have a question, I have been reading up on the geopolymer method of construction. That which is a mix of aggregate and lime to create a conglomerate and then mold a block in place. Haul the dry ingredients up to where you need it and make your mix.

I have much material that was sent to me. I was wondering if any one is aware of this theory of the geopolymer method of construction and how it was downgraded and the evidence possibly mucked up during the original 1992 NOVA show of " This Old Pyramid," and then a snowball of demeaning stands against the scientists for their thoughts and theories. I know Dr. Gauri did not agree with Schoch on his geological analysis of the enclosure and the quality of limestone, so Schoch shot rockets at Gauri. Zahi has had geologists out there too and there is a lot of controversy about what limestone is what and to what quality and how it erodes in time according to this and that -- and what blocks are cut or repaired and in what dynasty and so on and so forth -- no one agrees - but, some do come close, but, not to Schoch's theory though. Colin suggests predynastic, but, does not talk about forms.

I understand there is scientific lab work data available on samples from the GP. A Dr. Gauri and Dr. Joseph Davidovits had done some work in the early 90s. Mark Lehner was to be involved with "This Old Pyramid," but, from what I understand there were problems with some of Nova's credibility in this show. e.g. Nova said they had constructed "their" pyramid for the show completely by natural native means, then it was leaked they actually used a front loader for the blocks..........the show also cut to a bad editing on Davidovits........he is French and there was a language barrier during the interview. He was made out to look like an idiot. Mark was made out to look good.....( I did not see it.) Supposedly this happened-- quote from correspondence: "You will notice how ridiculous it seems if you ever watched the original 1992 version of This Old Pyramid. Joseph does not speak that well in English (he is French) and NOVA took full advantage of this.....The idea was to make Joseph look as bad as possible, and so the best material from Joseph wound up on the cutting room floor." -------------------

(There is much I have been reading up on from my correspondence and I do not want to just say yes to everything, I want to have a fuller picture of what has gone on out there with this theory and such....I have done many television shows and I do know how they edit to convey what they want to. I hate it when that happens. Even in interviews, they can be edited and rewritten as needed to hype them up....the public will not understand that the truth has been colored and twisted.........)

I do know that Mark Lehner was an Edgar Cayce fan and spoke of humans flirting about Atlantis with feathers and claws. When was it and how was it Mark turned orthodox? It is all a bit confusing in a way when the notes read from the mid 70s to the late 80s and early 90s about Atlantis and the Edgar Cayce Foundation and no real credibility and then it seems the tide changes and Mark is seen as an authority on Giza because he has worked with Zahi (but both were being funded by the ARE supposedly so maybe that is why they got to be buddies - good for the money). Mark's "The Egyptian Heritage -1974 " discusses Edgar Cayce and Atlantis/ancient Egypt.......??? Only 10,500 B.C ??? Where is the archaeological record for that? How is it that Lehner is to be thought of as a scientist? He is an Egyptologist I suspect, but, a real Egyptologist, are they into Edgar Cayce? Isn't that entering into a prejudiced state of being for any exploration of the plateau?

Now, kind of on a tangent ---- I also watched a show I videotaped (in 98 maybe?) about a live opening of the tomb of the Queen - I can only suspect it was the satellite pyramid of the Queen Hetepheres. It was a Fox presentation and very, very dramatic. Zahi was there and the host named Mauri,,,,it was at night or early morning and they were filming it live supposedly. The female hostess was named Susie and she stepped on the skeleton in the tomb and that was very funny because Zahi screamed a bit (- but, if they were just opening it, how did he know the skeleton was there -- it was all staged you know). Anyway, there was Hancock, JAW and Bauval with Zahi sitting at a table --haha--they are talking about Atlantis and other beings in a most serious tone...most dumb to have this talk with Zahi on TV, but, sensational I suppose. So, Zahi goes on to say there is no scientific evidence about Atlantis or spacemen building the GP and on and on. The next cut is Richard Hoaglund speaking about the Face on Mars ( this was in 1998 no less even after the images came back from the Voyager showing NO face) and how we are kin to Martians and our Martian ancestors built the GP and sculpted the Sphinx...then it cuts back to the gang and they are all at it saying, " Yeah, yeah, civilization is from an advanced race that plundered and Edgar Cayce even says so......" Hancock and Bauval have their Mars book handy and JAW is off with the Sphinx and Schoch gets a 5 second spot to insert a quick, " I did a geological analysis of the limestone and it was eroded by water 7000 years ago..........." Good grief.the show was so goofy. I had forgot I taped it. It was very wrong of Fox to show that as it was misleading the public. It was not a "let's be open-minded about Giza." No, it moreso portrayed Hancock, JAW and Bauval as heroes and, well, you can imagine from there I hope. The program ended with Zahi smiling and saying it was the first tomb he had ever opened with a Queen and da da da da da .....Has any one seen that?

Well, back to the geoploymer...........I wanted to relate the two documentaries or shows on how they can portray what ever they want to portray and not always a fair tale.

I would like some intelligent thoughts put forward here or if any one has read papers on the theory or is well rounded on what is what with it or can refer me to some place or some one for more info ( I have done searches).......I have been inside the GP and 4 out of 5 relieving chambers and the sub chamber. I have seen what has gone on with the construction and repairs. I am intrigued by this theory because of what I did see and had talks with some people about it when I was there.

I know I said a lot in this, but, wanted to give a picture of what all I have been reading and pondering about and then too, the stories that have gone around.....

OK, thank you,
C

Edit
spelling problems edited - sorry, correct me if I missed some please - I can't see them and spell check missed them as they are not normal words.

Dr. Colette M. Dowell, N.D.
Circular Times
[www.circulartimes.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 09:56PM by Colette.
Subject Author Posted

What about geopolymer method of building GP

Colette December 08, 2007 09:54PM

Re: What about geopolymer method of building GP

cladking December 08, 2007 10:35PM

Colette December 08, 2007 11:08PM

cladking December 08, 2007 11:47PM

Pistol December 09, 2007 02:06AM

Colette December 09, 2007 02:57AM

poundr17 December 09, 2007 05:52AM

Hermione December 09, 2007 09:06AM

Colette December 09, 2007 12:29PM

Archae Solenhofen December 09, 2007 02:43PM

Colette December 09, 2007 05:54PM

Ronald December 09, 2007 04:55PM

Re: What about geopolymer method of building a bookselling business

Anthony December 09, 2007 08:14PM

Colette December 09, 2007 11:33PM

Re: OK, lets stop now then What about geopolymer method

Colette December 09, 2007 11:38PM

Anthony December 10, 2007 09:49AM

rich December 10, 2007 02:14PM

rich December 10, 2007 02:31PM

Re: I was thinking of building a

Colette December 11, 2007 12:20PM

Hermione December 11, 2007 01:22PM

Re: I was thinking of building a pyramid

Anthony December 11, 2007 03:12PM

Colette December 12, 2007 12:01AM

Anthony December 12, 2007 03:05PM

cladking December 12, 2007 03:36PM

Great example!

Anthony December 12, 2007 06:24PM

C Wayne Taylor December 11, 2007 03:31PM

Colette December 11, 2007 11:29PM

fmetrol December 11, 2007 07:14PM

Re:that makes sense

Colette December 12, 2007 12:04AM

Archae Solenhofen December 11, 2007 10:43PM

Colette December 12, 2007 02:55AM

Archae Solenhofen December 12, 2007 03:29PM

Hermione December 17, 2007 12:24PM

Colette December 17, 2007 12:50PM

Hermione December 17, 2007 01:32PM

rich December 12, 2007 12:41AM

Archae Solenhofen December 12, 2007 01:33AM

rich December 12, 2007 08:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login