Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 5, 2024, 12:24 am UTC    
August 06, 2007 01:46PM
AS: "Then why did he need a launching tube to help him join sAH?"

You live in Florida right? - that's where the Shuttle launches - now I understand why you are using inappropriate modern jargon.

Try to understand the mindset of the AE - modern jargon only leads you astray.

AS: "It seems utterly contradictory to say the shaft didn't need to be accurate because the god/king didn't need help, but then say the accuracy of the aim is the proof of the intent. Either he needed it or he didn't. This theory requires both opposites to be true simultaneously."

So you go back to your old habit of arguing against your own preconceived notions about what you think I'm saying.

I did not say the shaft is not accurate, and the accuracy of the 'aim' is not proof of intent - so what is contradictory?

The top end of the shaft was facing an area of the sky where the 3-star asterism in the centre of Orion crossed due south c.2570 BC - that's during the reign of Khufu - what is inaccurate about that???? If they wanted to 'target' Orion, it was well done. It happens to have the same date as the top end of the north shaft facing the North or Pole Star, Thuban, c.2570 BC, so again, what is inaccurate about that?????

This is not proof of intent, its only defining the technical aspects of the alignments to see if they work - they do for the era they are supposed to work in - if they did not, then you can complain, but they do, so we move on to the question of intent.

That we cannot know, even though you boast you do know - you do not - you only think you do, obviously, because you have a pet theory you want to see float to the top of the pile.

I only assess what is more or less likely - there are no proofs. I've suggested various possibilities for why the shafts were 'targeting' specific areas of the sky, based on the overall context of the development of the royal funerary complex, what little we know of the royal funerary beliefs up to Dyn 4, and in the context of near contemporary texts inscribed within the pyramids themselves.

CT
Subject Author Posted

Air-Shafts

RLH August 03, 2007 07:51PM

Re: Air-Shafts

Chris Tedder August 04, 2007 07:43AM

RLH August 04, 2007 11:47AM

Chris Tedder August 04, 2007 03:45PM

Ronald August 05, 2007 02:45AM

RLH August 05, 2007 05:18PM

Anthony August 05, 2007 08:28PM

Chris Tedder August 06, 2007 11:25AM

Internal contradictions

Anthony August 06, 2007 11:31AM

Re: Internal contradictions

Chris Tedder August 06, 2007 01:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login