Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 10:14 pm UTC    
July 26, 2007 08:36AM
Although I agree with Robert Bauval that the three great pyramids of Giza were aligned using the belt stars of Orion, I disagree with Robert's mechanism for the alignment which essentially relies on the pattern the 3 starsform on the southern meridian c. 11,500BC (formerly 10,500BC).

I propose that Giza was aligned using only 1 star, Mintaka, circa 10,550BC, and not the formation of the 3 stars as they appeared at the meridian transit as proposed by Bauval.

From north, Mintaka around this date set near the SW horizon at 212* azimuth. Using Khafre as the centre, from north this creates a 212* alignment through the apex of Menkaure, Mintaka's terrestrial counterpart. Thus, with Menkaure locked to 212* azimuth to match its cellestial counterpart it will inevitably be located to the south of the necropolis and not, as Ed Krupp insists it should be, to the North. Thus the Kruppside/Down argument can be dismissed since the underlying objective, in my view, was to create an alignment between the azimuths of Mintaka/Menkaure.

What can also be demonstrated is that the concavities (bisectors) of Khufu and Menkaure (and lack thereof in Khafre) are symbolic of and corresponds with the setting of Orion's Belt near the SW horizon at this time.

Figure 1:

Figure 2:

Scott Creighton

Subject Author Posted

Giza Alignment Determined by Mintaka

Scott Creighton July 26, 2007 08:36AM

Re: NO Alignment !

Ronald July 26, 2007 09:08AM

Dave L July 26, 2007 09:18AM

Ronald July 26, 2007 09:32AM

Re: Giza Alignment Determined by Mintaka

Hermione July 26, 2007 09:33AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.