Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 12, 2024, 10:59 pm UTC    
June 28, 2007 11:43AM
So this is where everyone is! I've been abroad and missed the splitting of the boards and as I linked at home directly to the Ancient History Forum I've only just noticed that the new Forum had been added.

I wondered if anyone else has seen the National Geographic programme on the famous Nefertiti bust in Berlin?

Back in the UK I have no opportunity to see the NG Channel but ironically in my hotel on the other side of the world I found I was able to watch it.

I missed the begining so I'm not sure if it was a new programme or not.

It showed Dieterich Wildung, the director of the Berlin museum doing a whole series of tests and scans of the bust and reconstructing a digital image of what was claimed was the real face of Nefertiti.

The bust is made of carved limestone but parts were added which were modelled in plaster. By scanning the bust they were able to reconstruct a 3D image of just the carved part without the additional plaster.

The proposal put forward by Dieterich Wildung was that this represented the real face of Nefertiti. It was an older and much less flattering portrait than the idealised version we know.

I've been unable to find a image of this "original" bust on the web so perhaps this was a new proposal that has not had much publicity yet?

Jon

www.egyptarchive.co.uk
Subject Author Posted

The real face of Nefertiti?

Jon_B June 28, 2007 11:43AM

Re: The real face of Nefertiti?

Dave L June 28, 2007 12:20PM

Jon_B June 28, 2007 02:52PM

Ritva Kurittu June 28, 2007 02:19PM

Jon_B June 28, 2007 02:32PM

Ritva Kurittu June 28, 2007 02:46PM

Khazar-khum June 28, 2007 02:57PM

Doug M June 28, 2007 10:05PM

Khazar-khum June 29, 2007 02:34AM

Katherine Griffis-Greenberg July 01, 2007 04:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login