Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 25, 2024, 6:51 pm UTC    
September 10, 2005 12:05AM
Every early September, the Navajo Nation has their big fair with a little bit of everything--including showing works by many differing artists. This year, the tribe got a major shock. An artist has painted a skinwalker in what is described as their "were" state. From what I understand, alot of people are upset by the painting and some have already started saying that the artist knows his subject a little too well, he must be one.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to the fairgrounds early enough to see the art exhibits with the painting in question. We are going there again tomorrow. I am really excited and can't wait to see it. I will see if the artist allows me to photograph himself with the painting but no promises. The painting is also for sale. Hopefully, it will still be there tomorrow.

This is really a major thing for the Navajo. There has only been one other Navajo artist that depicted skinwalkers and that was the kachina artist, Lawrence Jacquez.

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

Skinwalker Painting Causes a Stir

Stephanie September 10, 2005 12:05AM

Re: Skinwalker Painting Causes a Stir

Hermione September 10, 2005 06:02AM

Stephanie September 11, 2005 12:13PM

Hermione September 10, 2005 11:28AM

Stephanie September 11, 2005 12:45PM

Warwick L Nixon September 18, 2005 09:37AM

Stephanie September 18, 2005 01:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login