Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 6, 2024, 5:57 am UTC    
March 02, 2005 03:00AM
Ya'at'eh! smiling smiley My husband was born to the Tl'izilani clan and born for the Naakaii Dine'e clan. Me, I'm without any Navajo clans...just irish ones. smiling smiley

That they were used in times of war was something that my husband was told by his grandfather as well. It's kind of funny how that kind of information is passed on inside of families but not really outside of them. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a wish to forget their old position in the tribe?

I mentioned in the visitation thread something similiar happening to one of my husband's uncles. He just rounded the corner of a house, saw one and that was it, he was out cold. We have no idea what they used to do this but it was pretty effective. Really scary if you think about it. You're instantly rendered helpless. eye popping smiley

You've heard about the incest as well, I see. I kind of doubt that they would've been able to get away with that when they were still a part of the tribe. Maybe isolation brought it on? Who knows, but I can't very well imagine a young yenaldlooshi bringing home a nice young Navajo girl to meet the parents. Would probably be the shortest courtship in history. smiling smiley

Feel free to add as many cents as you wish and add any more information that you remember being told. They are really intriguing, even if they are really scary. When I saw one, I could've just run inside my house and locked the door behind me. But no, I was so intrigued that I just kept one hand on the door handle and watched, lol.

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

Skinwalker: Origins

Stephanie February 13, 2005 05:08PM

Re: Skinwalker: Origins

premalatha balan February 14, 2005 09:35AM

Stephanie February 14, 2005 12:35PM

premalatha balan February 14, 2005 12:40PM

premalatha balan February 14, 2005 12:40PM

Voleur_Garcon March 02, 2005 01:27AM

Stephanie March 02, 2005 03:00AM

Voleur_Garcon March 03, 2005 03:39AM

Stephanie March 03, 2005 01:44PM

Voleur_Garcon March 04, 2005 10:51PM

Stephanie March 13, 2005 01:05AM

Voleur_Garcon March 04, 2005 11:04PM

Stephanie March 13, 2005 01:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login