Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 4:41 pm UTC    
May 01, 2018 12:50PM
In this article [www.jasoncolavito.com] JC ( I find is so amusing his initials are that of one of his greatest myths) would have us believe that the flood myth is an ancient antique Cristian Story passed via Egyptian myth where if he did his homework as he is so proud of saying he does he would know the story originated far before any Christians heard of it and way before any Egyptian heard of it as well for that matter. Most learned people know that the origin of this tale is far back in Sumerian history.

Epic of Gilgamesh - 2100 BC

Aga of Kish (contemporary with Gilgamesh of Uruk, according to the Sumerian tale of Gilgamesh and Aga) at 2600 BCE

So thus if they are speaking of an historical person it far predates anything JC wishes to heap on it. The entire fabric of these stories originated in Sumeria and to claim that they are "Antique Christian" in nature is totally dishonest and probably why I don''t think a lot of him. For Scott to conclude that The Step Pyramid WHICH IS CONTEMPORARY WITH GILGAMESH was possibly an "Ark" of some description and possible a seed vault is not as outlandish as it might seem, and thus since in The Epic it is said that after his friend was killed he went to meet Utnapishtim [en.wikipedia.org] a survivor of The Flood it all makes sense in a Sumerian context. He uses no Sumerian sources so the entire article is worthless ... in my opinion of course.

Regards
Don Barone

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

Is JC forgetting something ?

Don Barone May 01, 2018 12:50PM

Re: Is JC forgetting something ?

Hermione May 01, 2018 03:53PM

Byrd May 01, 2018 08:41PM

Don Barone May 01, 2018 10:54PM

Colavito - Mediaeval Flood/Pyramid Legends

Hermione May 02, 2018 02:22AM

Epic of Gilgamesh - Colavito Translation

Hermione May 02, 2018 09:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login