Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 21, 2024, 3:49 pm UTC    
September 14, 2005 10:42PM
I don't normally like dubbing. I only like dubbed versions when I can't access the original version. That goes for all languages. For instance, I wouldn't go to see a French film that had been dubbed into english. I'd want to see it in french.

The voice in the original Naruto series (not the US version) is actually a girl, Takeuchi Junko. Iirc, she's been a seiyuu since she was 12. Doesn't matter if we're talking about the American or Japanese version of Naruto though...because the voice actor of the American dubbed version is also a woman, Maile Flanagan. lol So, yes, Naruto is a boy but his voice in both the Japanese and American series are done by women. smiling smiley

Hee hee, you're right about even subtitles being inaccurate. We bought the first Naruto movie as an import. It is, of course, in the original Japanese but the subtitles are english done by Chinese. It kind of reminds me of the old badly translated video game, Zero Wing. We have another option though that makes it doable and that's having a hubby that speaks japanese.

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

Venice toasts Miyazaki, Asian film struggles abroad

Stephanie September 14, 2005 01:13AM

Re: Venice toasts Miyazaki, Asian film struggles abroad

Javier Velasquez September 14, 2005 12:32PM

Stephanie September 14, 2005 03:11PM

darkuser September 14, 2005 09:36PM

Stephanie September 14, 2005 10:42PM

darkuser September 14, 2005 08:39PM

Stephanie September 14, 2005 10:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login