Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 21, 2024, 8:52 pm UTC    
September 14, 2005 09:36PM
Hang on a minute, so do you or do you not like dubbing in general. Yes girl-like dubbing can be a real disappointment, but i'm sure it's a boy! smiling smiley

I haven't seen Naruto btw, so i wouldn't know. For anime, i'm not really a "purist" because a lot of the earlier ones i've seen are dubbed into Cantonese! Yes, i prefer Cantonese to English even for the subtitles! Maybe it's because East Asian cultures are somewhat similar and the dialogue is more or less accurate. In general, i prefer the original Japanese version with preferably Chinese subs, but even these are very difficult to obtain, so the subs i have are mostly English. I never liked English dubs, and the only one i've seen is the English version for 3X3 eye, which had really irritating accents, slangs and cliches. Really, the only way to be a true "purist" is to learn Japanese as even the subtitles can be very inaccurate!

For Asian films or televsion series, i prefer the original versions period. I can't even stand Cantonese dub for a Mandarin film! But original versions (particularly for TV series) are again difficult to obtain. I'm not exactly going to Japan or korea, so i put up with what i'm given: Korean series with Mandarin dub, Japanese series with Cantonese dub, you get the idea......o and i dispise English dubbing for Chinese films just as i despise Chinese dubbing for English films....ahhh...the beauty of languages!

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2005 09:39PM by darkuser.
Subject Author Posted

Venice toasts Miyazaki, Asian film struggles abroad

Stephanie September 14, 2005 01:13AM

Re: Venice toasts Miyazaki, Asian film struggles abroad

Javier Velasquez September 14, 2005 12:32PM

Stephanie September 14, 2005 03:11PM

darkuser September 14, 2005 09:36PM

Stephanie September 14, 2005 10:42PM

darkuser September 14, 2005 08:39PM

Stephanie September 14, 2005 10:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login