Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 23, 2024, 12:53 am UTC    
October 05, 2001 06:22PM
<HTML>Hi Peter.

Ok! *lol* I think I asked it wrong.smiling smiley

But, your very last sentence is kind of the answer I was looking for. Also, we don't see the type of larger 'dwelling' areas (like..euh... tel-el-Medina or Karnak, for example) found in the M-Necropolis. Even _just_ the 'small' site of Memphis (not the region....smiling smiley) seems more suited to a royal base than to a a city or town. Was there a palace there? We don't know - yet. So from the link you gave us, I was tossing around the idea of Qar being the overseer of the palace of Memphis - but where exactly? In the western 'enclosures', or directly on the site of the town/abode of Memphis (Nile plain loc.)?

I guess that would make more sense, wouldn't it! (Shoulda said that in the first place.) Sooooo.... to follow up... should a greater effort be made to directly look for a palace? I just think that a royal dwelling would have much more to offer... a more likely source for writings, artifacts...etc.

You've seen the overheads for those areas, correct? There are very obvious 'protrusions' and shapes under the sands (no, not the places where sand and debris have been moved! - this fools some people - not you, though...or me.) And because it IS Saqqara after all, this is the place that supposedly came before Giza - a source for more info on the development of funeral facades, pyramids, and temples. (And more, of course). I mean, every little piece helps.

Cheers,

Avry</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Dr. Hawass: More on the recent find at Saqqara

Peter VanderZwet October 04, 2001 01:16AM

Re: Dr. Hawass: More on the recent find at Saqqara

R. Avry Wilson October 04, 2001 03:02PM

Greg Reeder October 04, 2001 05:05PM

Peter VanderZwet October 05, 2001 05:16AM

R. Avry Wilson October 05, 2001 01:03AM

Peter VanderZwet October 05, 2001 05:20AM

R. Avry Wilson October 05, 2001 06:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login