Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 6:53 pm UTC    
September 13, 2001 04:36PM
<HTML>Hi Garrett and Kat,

I most certainly haven't suggested we talk to Bin Laden or leaders of terrorist groups. What I meant was that we , the civilised free people of the world, must not respond in forceful military actions that will surely kill innocent people as well. I'm sorry, but I believe in peace and peaceful means. We must not let a bunch of madmen draw the rest of the world into agressive military actions which god knows where they may lead. This is precisely what these madmen want to achieve, to provoke and force the hand of America and the rest of the free world into such unruly actions. Why do you think they did these abominable acts on September 11, if not to provoke such actions?

The talk must be with other recognised governments, to define a common strategy to find ways to erradicate terrorism from this planet. It can be done. But not, in my view, through acts of war. Admittedly certain force will have to be used at some stage, but that's another thing altogether. We must operate within the framework of International Law and human decency --even if the terrorists don't. Otherwise we become like them.

Best

RB</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Re: an apt quote

Robert G. Bauval September 13, 2001 10:43AM

Don Holeman September 13, 2001 11:15AM

Katherine Reece September 13, 2001 11:23AM

Ultimatums

Anthony September 13, 2001 01:02PM

RE: An Apt Quote

Garrett Fagan September 13, 2001 02:33PM

Another Apt quote

Katherine Reece September 13, 2001 02:38PM

Re: Another Apt quote

Robert G. Bauval September 13, 2001 04:36PM

Katherine Reece September 13, 2001 04:51PM

Anonymous User September 14, 2001 05:22AM

ISHMAEL September 14, 2001 11:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login