Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 29, 2024, 4:30 am UTC    
January 23, 2007 09:30PM
I saw this post a few days ago and resisted responding. I saw the subsequent post by 'Jammer' and was further dismayed.

First, to compare India to Yugoslavia is ludicrous. India is an amalgam of many cultures and ideas. The notion by Jammer that India is some kind of class based society intent on manufacturing its past is absurd.

Two of its states are run by governments that are officially atheist. I beleive that the Indian state of TamilNadu is the only government entity in the history of the world to be run by self-professsed athiests who are also avowedly anti-communist.

Moreover, both posts are insulting to the Archaeological Survey of India [asi.nic.in]. This is a thoroughly professional organization.

You will find scant mention on their website of inter alia Graham Hancock, ancient airplanes, monuments aligned to the belt stars of Orion, lost civilizations etc.

Again, as I often do when I post here, I will beg the indulgence of the moderators and argue that any suggestion that India needs Western archaeologists (which I take is Hans' euphemism for 'other researchers') might be regarded as most offensive to thousands of archaeologists of Indian origin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2007 09:31PM by barry.
Subject Author Posted

Status of Indian and Pakistani Archaeology

Hans January 22, 2007 05:52AM

Re: Status of Indian and Pakistani Archaeology

Jammer January 22, 2007 10:56AM

Re: Status of Indian and Pakistani Archaeology

Hans January 23, 2007 12:30PM

Patent Nonsense

barry January 23, 2007 09:30PM

Re: Patent Nonsense

Marduk January 29, 2007 06:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login