Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 6, 2024, 10:49 pm UTC    
Don Barone
August 09, 2001 05:39PM
<HTML>Hi Jani:

First thanks to Anthony for that somewhat embarassingly nice and maybe somewhat exagerated introduction ! Yes I have indeed studied the Pi ratio within the Pyramid to some degree but am still an amateur compared to some. John Wall and I have locked horns and bumped heads on this many times and I really do not wish to re-open the converstation and argue with him, and Mikey again.

There are basically two schools of thought Jani. One is John's belief that the Ancient Egyptians simply used the horizontal and then the rise to build their structures. For example go 11 units to the right and then up 7 units. This is what John feels was used. Since this will yield 22/7 it is a very close approxiamation to Pi and hence I believe this is where the Ancient Greeks got their belief that Pi was 22/7. John also feels that the fact that this yields "Pi" ( or close to ) it is just a co-incidence and he cites as his source the Phind Papyrus a very famous ancient Egyptian papyrus that has many probblems and their solutions. I am pretty sure that on this page it is claimed that the Egypotians used Pi as about 3.16 and so I am somewhat amazed that John feels the AE's would not have noticed this but used the erroneous 3.16.

It is a falsehood that all pyramids will yield this result. Only pyramids with the "Pi" angle or the "Phi" angle ( which in a pyramid are amazingly close ) will yield the results needed.

However I would like to deal with John's source. The Rhind Papyurus. the only question I have for now is where in the education system of the ancient Egyptians does this document fit in ? What I mean to ask is it a primary grade document ? Is it a high school grade document ? Is it a university grade document ? Is it Doctorate degree document ? It is stated that it was used to teach but does not tell us to whom the teaching was addressed. If it was to a class of school children could the degree of accuracy not be directed at this level. I find it amazing that the academic world accepts this simple papyrus as the pinnacle of Ancient Egyptian knowledge when it comes to mathematics especially geometry.

In the end it boils down to a matter of faith Jani. Since both methods yield extraordinary similar results you either believe that the AE's knew this knowledge or you agree with John that based on what I consider a limited knowledge base they simply used the rise.

My final argument to this as John has heard many times before is if all this was going on how the devil did the AE's fail to figure out that the third side ( the hypoteneuse ) could be very easily calculated knowing two of the three side. I remain firm in my belief that the AE's indeed know both Pi and Phi, that they did understand the "Pythagaros Theorem" and that they DID INDEED INCORPORATE THIS KNOWLEDGE INTO THE GREAT PYRAMIDS AND OTHERS AS WELL.

Allow me to demonstrate.

Length of sides of GP = 756 feet ( approx )
Height = 481 feet ( approx. )

Substitue

Perimeter of pyramid: 756 x 4 = 3024 feet

Circumferance of Circle with height as radius

Pi x 2 x radius

3.1415926535 x 2 x 481

= 3022.21

Using substitution again we can work backwards and we get

3024/Pi/2 = 481.28 ( Which is only 3 inches off )

However the agreed upon length of the sides is I believe 755.85

755.85 x 4 = 3023.4

3023.4/pi/2 = 481.19 ( This is now only 2 inches off )

What most fail to realize in all of this is that the AE's have actually circled the sqaure in this structure but not only have they circled the square or squared the circle THEY HAVE DONE IT IN THREE DIMENSIONS !

Best Regards
Don Barone</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Pyramid Pi?

Jani August 09, 2001 01:57PM

Re: Pyramid Pi?

Anthony August 09, 2001 02:14PM

Pi(e) in the Sky !

John Wall August 09, 2001 03:29PM

Re: Pi ( is ) in the Sky !

Don Barone August 09, 2001 09:37PM

Re: Pi(e) is not in the Sky !

John Wall August 10, 2001 04:56AM

Re: Pie is not in the Sky it is on a plate!

Don Barone August 10, 2001 06:34AM

John Wall August 10, 2001 08:09AM

Don Barone August 10, 2001 06:49PM

Don Barone August 09, 2001 05:39PM

John Wall August 09, 2001 05:50PM

Don Barone August 09, 2001 05:58PM

John Wall August 09, 2001 06:03PM

Tman August 09, 2001 08:31PM

Don Barone August 09, 2001 09:21PM

Tman August 10, 2001 12:19PM

Don Barone August 10, 2001 06:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login