Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 29, 2024, 8:12 am UTC    
January 04, 2020 11:29AM
According to Wikipedia, the decans are 36 groups of stars used in the Ancient Egyptian astronomy. If we divide the circle into 36 equal parts, then each one corresponds to an angle of 10 degrees. If we consider on the day I was born the right time so that the angle difference between the Sun's azimuth as observed at my birth place and the meridian, is equal to the angle difference between the Sun's azimuth as observed at Giza and the meridian, then we will notice that this angle is exactly equal to 5°. This means that at this instance of time the azimuth difference of the Sun as observed at my birth place at Athens and that as observed at Giza is exactly 10°. I found the the error of Menkaure's pyramid and my birth place is about 1 second of a degree.

If we were to take the previous day of my birth, then equating the Sun azimuth to 175 degrees(Athens) we would have an error for the Menkaure - Giza Sun azimuth in regards to the ideal 185 degrees matching the mean orientation error of the two largest Giza pyramids in regards to the four cardinal directions. Roughly 4 and a half minutes of arc.

IHSOYS = EIMI H ZOH = 888

[the-phaistos-disk.webnode.com]
Subject Author Posted

Giza pyramids, why Greece?

Spiros June 24, 2018 08:59AM

Re: Giza pyramids, why Greece?

Hermione June 24, 2018 09:02AM

Re: Giza pyramids, why Greece?

Spiros June 24, 2018 09:32AM

Ra's decan

Spiros January 04, 2020 11:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login