Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 29, 2024, 7:30 pm UTC    
January 09, 2013 05:20PM
High everyone, just joined the forum to bring an important new discovery to your attention. I'm aware that many on this forum are of a skeptical nature when it comes to new ideas about the Giza pyramids but I think you may actualy find this one difficut to dismiss, due to the extreme precision involved.

Now then, as some may be aware, the goddess Hathor was of great import to the Giza kings, as evidenced by Menkaure's statues with Hathor at his side. Hathor was, of course, the goddess of the dead. I believe that the niche in the Queen's Chamber did, or was intended to, contain a statue of Hathor. The Pleiades are believed by some to have been known as the "Seven Hathors" to the Egyptians. Some may debate this point, but it is nonetheless a reasonable possibility. The dead are said to have been required to memorize the names of the Seven Hathors and speak them in order to enter paradise, or whatever. If for no other reason, the Pleiades would have been noticed simply by their position in the bull constellation.

So what if the two upper stars of the Pleiades, Atlas and Alcyone, were to precisely match the positions of the two chambers of the Great Pyramid when Alcyone was due West, the direction in which the niche faces? Would that not be interesting? And then what if the next star down, Merope, happend to be exactly below the center of the antechamber and within the mound of bedrock which was left at the base of the pyramid, rather than being leveled. Would that not suggest to some speculative types the possibility of a third chamber at that location, within the bedrock itself? The chambers of the other two large pyramids were dug out of the bedrock, not made of blocks. I don't think the ancient Egyptians liked to be entombed in chambers made of blocks, but rather solid bedrock.

Here's the evidence (image below). Sorry the image is a little wider than the text of the page but if it were smaller it would be hard to see the details clearly.

Here's a CAD image I made myself from Petrie's data, for possibly greater accuracy than the Gantenbrink CAD image of the whole pyramid. It's an exact replication of Petrie's survey data. As you can see, a rather precise correlation appears to exist. All just mere "coincidence" of course, right?

Taygeta was on the horizon, as it is at the base of the pyramid (Khufu's Horizon) in the image, while Alcyone was due West, only around the year 2944 BC, but this correlation is equally precise anywhere from 2997 BC to at least the end of the 4th Dynasty as far as the matching of the two chambers when Alcyone was due West is concerned. Prior to 2997 BC Alcyone never reached due West before setting, due to precession. The only thing that changes if we use, say, 2550-2600 BC is the altitude above the horizon when Alcyone is due West. By that time the whole Pleiades group was several degrees up when Alcyone was due West. The relative positions of Atlas and Alcyone didn't change noticeably due to the change in altitude. It may be that it was the setting of Taygeta which was the time indicator for the depiction of the Pleiades but my belief is that it was when Alcyone was due West because the Queen's Chamber is right on the central axis of the pyramid. I suspect that this would indicate due West, the West "meridian" if you will. I the pyramid was built in 2944 BC then perhaps it was interesting to the builders that Alcyone was due West at the same time as Tageta was setting. That would be a convenient West reference, only for a limited time though.

This is a recent discovery of mine. I contacted jean-Pierre Houdin about it yesterday but he didn't get back to me yet. I'm trying to publicize this discovery in hope that it may somehow lead to the opening of Khufu's tomb in the bedrock below the pyramid during my lifetime. Since the chamber is directly below the antechamber, I suspect that there is a vertical shaft under the floor stones in the antechamber, probably filled with sand or rock debris and sealed over to look like the floor of the passage. This would have been used as the access to the chamber and the antechamber may have housed a sort of crude elevator raised and lowered by ropes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2013 05:28PM by Rigel_7.
Subject Author Posted

Great Pyramid and the Pleiades

Rigel_7 January 09, 2013 05:20PM

Re: Great Pyramid and the Pleiades

Hermione January 10, 2013 04:26AM

Rigel_7 January 10, 2013 07:55AM

Chris Tedder January 10, 2013 07:24AM

Rigel_7 January 10, 2013 08:08AM

Rigel_7 January 10, 2013 10:07AM

Rigel_7 January 10, 2013 04:05PM

Rigel_7 January 10, 2013 05:58PM

Rigel_7 January 22, 2013 06:56AM

**Moderation note**

Hermione January 22, 2013 08:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login