Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 18, 2024, 9:41 am UTC    
July 21, 2009 06:03PM
I don’t know if the ground plan and possible astronomic, geometric, etc. planning of the Karnak Temple has been brought up before. Here:

[www.hallofmaat.com]

Anthony writes:

“I would also like to point out that Hermione and you are both correct: Stonehenge is a single structure. It has been modified, much as Karnak or Luxor Temples, but it still stands as one large project. The Giza pyramids are many separate structures, unrelated in time and space, based on the evidence we possess. From them, one cannot create an overall groundplan for the plateau. The archaeology doesn't support the unistructure model in the least.”

Robert Bauval in his book “Egypt Code” points out that(page 143):

“At Karnak latitude, which is 25d 48’ north, a simple calculation shows that the orientation of the winter solstice sunrise would have been 26d 54’ south-of east when the temple was founded in around 2050 BC. This is exactly the orientation of the axis of the Karnak temple and, more especially, the eastern part at the rear of the complex that is dedicated to the ‘god of the rising sun ‘ Ra-Horakhti.”

I have no reason to question this correlation and the possibility of it being intentional. But the fact is that the Karnak temple is very complex and a lot of modifications took place. Does this mean though that apart from this astronomic alignments all other geometric aspects of it’s design were random? Do more astronomic alignments exist? Does anybody have any idea on how the ground plan could have been thought out? I include some scribble below but would really like to know what somebody more knowledgeable on this subject thinks.

Subject Author Posted

Karnak codex

Ogygos July 21, 2009 06:03PM

Re: Karnak codex

Sirfiroth July 21, 2009 09:57PM

Re: Karnak codex

Ogygos July 25, 2009 03:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login