Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 2, 2024, 9:48 am UTC    
May 07, 2008 09:25PM
Hello Clive,

I’m OK, been a bit busy lately. Now to answer your questions.

>>Your overlay indicates the three belt stars in alignment with the three mountains...but it must stop there...no reference to Giza required.<<
It doesn’t stop there because it is directly related to Giza.

>>How many mountain ranges close to Egypt that have three peaks fitting into the Orion "Belt" star system?<<
The areas close to Egypt that have significantly sized mountains are Hellas mainland, Crete, Asian Minor(modern day Turkey), Syria-Lebanon[mount Lebanon & Anti-Lebanon(Hermon)], and Sina(Egypt).

I have not worked out different peaks of particular mountains since we would expect that the correlation in question should stand out from space. From my knowledge we can rule out Syria, Lebanon, & Egypt. Turkey has some prospects – many mountains but for the moment I don’t see anything there. I am more familiar with Hellenic geography so it’s easier for me to check it.

>>Why did you limit your search to Greece...have you patrolled Afghanistan or the Himalaya Range?<<
I have checked the 13 or so tallest mountains on Earth – no exact Orion belt correlation. There may be something with shorter mountains or there may be relations one two tall mountains and one short(Menkaure) – but this is not easy to work-out , you can imagine how many short – medium sized mountains – or peaks there are in the Himalayas.

The Cretan alignment I presented required rotating of Orion and scalling. Thus I thought I whould check what whould happen if we don’t scale at all, in other words to retain the angular observational distance between the stars on the ground. Here is how it goes. When the pyramids were built the distance between Alnitak and Alnilam was 4881.6 arc seconds. This is equivelant to 1.356 degrees. Since Earth’s perimeter is about 40000 km, which corresponds to 360 degrees of a circle, the 1.356 degrees whould correspond to a length of:

1.356x(40,000 km)/360 = 150.667 km

Therefore as I have shown in my previously enclosed map if we take a circle with this diameter or a equivelant radius of 75.333 km then it perfectly ecloses the tallest mountains in Crete. In the West it borders mount Voliakas – part of the greater white mountain range, and to the East mount Katharon - part of the greater circlular Dikte mountain range. Thus we have no mountains over 1500 meters outside this circle, and eight mountains above 1500 meters inside this circle.

Data taken from here:

[users.in.gr]
Subject Author Posted

Giza mapping Orion in Crete (Part I)

Ogygos May 06, 2008 06:09AM

Re: Giza mapping Orion in Crete (Part I)

Hermione May 06, 2008 06:27AM

Ogygos May 06, 2008 03:55PM

Hermione May 07, 2008 04:24AM

Ogygos May 07, 2008 12:18PM

Hermione May 14, 2008 08:15AM

Ogygos May 15, 2008 07:03PM

Hermione May 16, 2008 03:32AM

Clive May 07, 2008 09:25AM

Ogygos May 07, 2008 09:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login