Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 2, 2024, 8:04 am UTC    
May 06, 2008 06:09AM
Hello all,

Orion Correlation Theory (OCT) seems to prophetically give the initials for Orion Cretan Talus (OCT) or Orion in Crete Theory (OCT).

from wikipedia:

“In the Cretan tales incorporated into Greek mythology, Talos (Greek ÔÜëùò; Latin Talus) or Talon (Greek ÔÜëùí) was a giant man of bronze who protected Europa in Crete, circling the island's shores three times daily while guarding it. In the Cretan dialect talos was the equivalent of the Greek helios, the sun: the lexicon of Hesychius of Alexandria notes simply, "Talos is the sun." In Crete Zeus was worshipped as Zeus Tallaios, "Solar Zeus", absorbing the earlier god as an epithet in the familiar sequence. The god was identified with the Tallaia, a spur of the Ida range in Crete. On the coin from Phaistos (illustration) he is winged; in Greek vase-paintings and Etruscan bronze mirrors he is not. The ideas of Talos vary widely, with one consistent detail: in Greek imagery outside Crete, Talos is always being vanquished: he seems to have been an enigmatic figure to the Greeks themselves.”

Jean Richer in his excellent book regarding the sacred geometry of ancient Hellenic sites bases his research mostly on astrology. Thus he notes that Orion related myths originated in Boeotia and maybe Euvoia. He strangly notes that Orion in Crete doesn’t make sense. This means that we has somewhere read about something about Orion in Crete which he cannot accept based on this astrology based theory. Other wise he wouldn’t have referred to is.

Let’s thus compute the word number value of Talos(with an omega):

TALOaS = 300 + 1 + 30 + 800 + 200 = 1331

Let’s see what this number could mean. The distance between the second and third tallest mountains in Crete is about 133 kilometres. Thus this could mean that Talus represents Orion, and the three times he circles the island daily refers to the three great mountains – stars of Orion’s belt. Belt in pre-Euclidian non-Ionic Hellenic was written as in English today:

ZONE = 7 + 70 + 50 + 5 = 132

As I have pointed out before in discussions over at GHMB – to MR Bauval the creator of OCT also- the relative height of the two largest pyramids at Giza exactly equals the relative observational distance ratio between the central and outer Orion belt stars. This means that the designers whoever they were knew the exact astronomical data and they did not base the construction on naked eye observations as assumed. Thus the fact that the horizontal ground plan does not agree with the Orion belt star layout – too great an error means that what was built meant something else – encoded something else – or encoded a lot more. Just think of it. Why go to such effort and built gigantic pyramids – miniature mountains:

OROS(mountain) = 70 + 100 + 70 + 200 = 440

GP base = 440 royal cubits

when all along you have tall mountains that horizontally accurately form - at the OK time - the Orion belt star image. This means that all you have to do is to point into the direction of where these mountains are and at the same time create religious myths to embody them. Then what is the use for the depicted horizontal Giza layout – the 168.5 degree center angle etc.? The answer as not easy and it embodies information of different fields. Here I will only deal with Crete and how it relates to Orion and Giza.

In the bottom enclosed pic I show one of the Orion – Crete mountains correlations. The tallest peak coordinates have been worked out using Google Earth but have also been confirmed using NASA World Wind(very small differences). The exact distances and angles have been worked out using the most exact distance calculation methods(ellipsoidal Earth model etc). The Orion picture used is from Stellarium 0.9.0 at 2550 BC but the match has been confirmed using Christopher F. Ash and R. Avry Wilson’s article “A New Perspective on the Orion Correlation Theory” – see Robert Bauval’s site which from what I understand is based on professional astronomic software(Starry Night Pro).

I have therefore depicted the tallest peak of the three tallest mountains in Crete, Leyka Ore(White mountains), Idi(or Psiloritis, or Ida), and mount Dikte. The first two are about the same height (3 meters difference) , and the one with the greater base – covers more area – and a lot more peaks over 2000 meters is also shorter. This agrees with Giza – Khufu pyramid has a larger base but Kafre is more steep and it’s apex is at a taller altitude. The third pyramid is significantly smaller as is the third mountain – 308 meters shorter than Idi. But this is the tallest peak of a circular mountain range where in the North the tallest peak is mount Selena. I thus depict this point and also the position of the ancient city Malia. I then overlay Giza so that the tallest of the two mountains coincide with the center base of the two largest pyramids at Giza. As we notice the center of the west side of Menkaure’s pyramid coincides with mount Selena, while the center of Menkaure’s pyramid is just a bit off of Malia. “M”alia - “M”enakure same first letter. There have been various geometric models presented on this and other boards that take into account the western side middle point.

I have also added the Orion overlay with the two shiniest stars – coinciding with the two tallest mountains. Guess what? The third star – Mintaka perfectly matches the position of mount Selena at the time the pyramids were built. Let me just note that rotation and scalling has been used in both Giza and Orion overlays.

I’d like to hear your thoughts. Yes I know the first question one may ask is: “How does an every day ancient Egyptian know what the exact relative position of the Cretan mountains and the exact relative observational position of the three belt stars is?” The answer is that he doesn’t. This means that we have to re-examine who the real designers of these and other pyramids were.

Mr. Bauval’s Orion Correlation Theory is a very important “landmark” in alternative research into the history of ancient communities, but this cannot prevent us from looking ahead and taking into account new developments.

Landmark in Hellenic is OROSHMO from Oros(mountain) and SHMA(mark or tomb). Together we have mountain+tomb and this is exactly what pyramids relate to.

Hope this post is not too long...

BR Ogygos
Subject Author Posted

Giza mapping Orion in Crete (Part I)

Ogygos May 06, 2008 06:09AM

Re: Giza mapping Orion in Crete (Part I)

Hermione May 06, 2008 06:27AM

Ogygos May 06, 2008 03:55PM

Hermione May 07, 2008 04:24AM

Ogygos May 07, 2008 12:18PM

Hermione May 14, 2008 08:15AM

Ogygos May 15, 2008 07:03PM

Hermione May 16, 2008 03:32AM

Clive May 07, 2008 09:25AM

Ogygos May 07, 2008 09:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login