Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 16, 2024, 6:58 am UTC    
May 16, 2019 11:47AM
Excellent material waggy, well written, well research with plentiful images. Outstanding

I did like your conclusion too

""Whatever the method of construction for the lower chambers and passage, be it like the two great pit sites, or shafts and tunnels as I suggest in this paper; it is quite clear that an immense amount of exploration is still required at the Bent pyramid. Too much certainty has been written about this structure, be it 60 degree pyramids, settlement, changes of plans etc, and all based on a poorly explored structure. Surely we owe it to the great Egyptian builders to thoroughly explore their immense efforts; but as I have said many times in previous guides, architectural
study is a low priority for Egyptology, and it’s hard to see how this state of affairs
can improve. Thankfully our knowledge of the Bent Pyramid is slowly beginning to improve, thanks to the good work of the Isida Project, and others, such as Colin Reader, who has been fortunate to look inside: though much work remains to be done.

Over 130 years ago, Petri
e would comment, “
This part, like the rest of this Pyramid, needs far more
examination.”

Hopefully, we will not have to wait a further century before this examination begins.""

Subject Author Posted

Bent pyramid

waggy May 15, 2019 12:49PM

Re: Bent pyramid

cladking May 15, 2019 03:08PM

cladking May 15, 2019 08:53PM

Hans May 16, 2019 11:47AM

Re: Bent pyramid: Subsidence?

Mark Heaton May 22, 2019 11:07AM

Re: Bent pyramid: Subsidence?

waggy May 23, 2019 10:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login