Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 20, 2024, 2:37 pm UTC    
April 15, 2019 08:27AM
Pistol: “Also, nowhere (AFAIK) in the pyramid text, coffin texts or book of dead will you find that the deities or gods speak to the deceased or each other, the texts describe only their actions or deeds not their words.”

Sah (Orion), ‘father of the gods’ (PT 274 §408c), spoke:

A sweet breeze to your nose! Orion (sAH) says to the 'Plough' / 'Big Dipper' (msxtjw): 'Take from your lake what I take from my lake, that we may prepare a place for N'. Stand upon a XA-cloth, a six-weave cloth upon your shoulder, grant the crane's way to the sky. CT 61; I, 264c

I am Orion (sAH) who treads (sAH, lit. toes) his Two Lands, who navigates in front of the stars of the sky on the belly of my mother Nut... CT 227; III, 263a

Spell for reaching Orion… O Sirius (spdt) my soul, make my path ready, set up a stairway to the great plain, for you are my mother(?), and Hu is at (the place) whence Orion (sAH) issues. I find Orion standing on the path with the staff in his hand, and I set up the staff and receive it, and I am a god by means of it. He gives me the staff which is in his hand, and he says: "Give me my son, for it is he who rises in peace; you shall be ennobled before your throne, for you are my son, for you are my son, the lord of my house". CT 470; V, 398h, 399hi

Orion (sAH) speaks: 'He is my son, older than I (sic) - so says Orion (sAH). '......N, who is pure and young, and Sopdet (spdt) bore him, (even) she the young, she of the year, a goddess from her birth who is at the start of the year... CT 689; VI, 319

Orion: 'See, I have indeed come' - so says Orion. I bring to you the two shares of [the cutting] which you have asked for from me and those in charge of them. Let me know what those two have done <about> what you asked for - so says Orion. CT 689; VI, 320c

O Orion, here am I; I have come as ruler of the moringa-tree........Thus says Orion to me: 'You have acquired all their powers, you have forgotten nothing. See you have come spiritualized and equipped; establish yourself on this throne of your, which is superior to (all) thrones, for there is no god who can surpass you… Thus says Orion to me: Come and tell what the god does who comes equipped and who opens the earth for himself through what he knows on the day when he desires to come hence… Thus says Orion concerning me: This god is equipped, he has come equipped […] the elder gods; he has eaten their magic, he has swallowed their powers… Thus says Orion to me: O you who have appeared, may you be strong and [live(?)] on your food…. CT 1017; VII, 236b,s; 237s; 239b,x

He was also quite active:

Orion has gathered together his fields which are in the house. Great is Orion (sAH) in judgment... CT 253; III, 353b, 354a

He who flies up is he who sits at the place where Osiris is. My mother is Sirius (spdt), and she prepares my path, she sets up a stairway to this very great plain of Nenmut for my ascent from the Valley of the Mountain of the Sehseh-bird on the north with my river-banks, at the place where Orion issues. I find Orion standing in my path with his staff of rank(?) in his hand; I accept it from him and I will be a god by means of it. He gives me his staff which is in his hand, and I will cause the strong ones(?) to tremble by means of it. I will spit on(?) the great ones by means of it, it will make me noble in the presence of Sirius, it will make me secure in the Mansion of Orion*. I ascend and appear as a god, my signs of rank are on me, and I will make the lands of the Fenkhu impotent through them. I sit on the throne within the shrine and make summons to Orion (sAH) that he should come to me. O Orion (sAH), come and see me! CT 469; V, 390abi; V, 393hm

Chris
Subject Author Posted

Heliopolis

Pistol April 11, 2019 09:09AM

Re: Heliopolis

Hermione April 11, 2019 10:28AM

L Cooper April 12, 2019 07:18AM

Pistol April 12, 2019 08:13AM

Hermione April 12, 2019 08:23AM

Pistol April 15, 2019 08:53AM

Hermione April 15, 2019 11:02AM

L Cooper April 13, 2019 10:59AM

Pistol April 15, 2019 07:39AM

Chris Tedder April 15, 2019 08:27AM

Pistol April 15, 2019 08:49AM

Pistol April 15, 2019 07:13PM

M. Williams April 15, 2019 11:22AM

Pistol April 15, 2019 01:36PM

cladking April 15, 2019 03:16PM

cladking April 15, 2019 03:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login