Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 27, 2024, 5:11 pm UTC    
November 17, 2007 10:52AM
Hi Greg

I hope this will do until you get a copy. It's based on a glance through the book in a bookshop. It's a slim volume and at £18 a bit on the expensive side so I didn't get a copy.

>Were they biological brothers?<

The DNA evidence isn't addressed at all until the last page and a half. Two sets of tests have been done. The first result made it 185 times more likely that the two "brothers" shared a common mother.

The more recent results were just the opposite and concluded that they weren't related at all...

>Did they have the same mother?<

Answered above.

>Was the wab priest a different "race" from the eunuch.<

I couldn't find anything about this other than the original autopsy results and conclusions being quoted. There might be some new material though as I wasn't able to read the whole thing while standing in the shop but I didn't get the impression that anything new had been added since Rosalie David's previous published material.

>Was he really a eunuch?<

As with the question above I could only see the original results and conclusions with no new material.

A new conclusion that I did see was that a reported club foot for one of the brothers wasn't in fact the case.

There's a lot about the results of tests on parasites etc found in the mummies and about their state of health.

There are also lengthy analysis of the texts found in the burial.

New colour photographs are included but I wasn't impressed with their quality at all. Especially considering that they had full access to the items rather than trying (as I did) to take photographs in the gallery.

Black and white photographs are reproduced from the original Margaret Murray book but rather poorly compared to the same material in your KMT article.
Subject Author Posted

U.K. -Rosalie David- The Two Brothers- New Book!!!!

Greg Reeder November 12, 2007 02:49PM

Re: U.K. -Rosalie David- The Two Brothers- New Book!!!!

Jon_B November 12, 2007 04:18PM

Re: U.K. -Rosalie David- The Two Brothers- New Book!!!!

Greg Reeder November 12, 2007 04:35PM

Amazon says....

Anthony November 13, 2007 01:51PM

Re: Amazon says....

Greg Reeder November 13, 2007 10:59PM

Re: Amazon says....

Rick Baudé November 14, 2007 12:27AM

Re: Amazon says.... (spoilers)

Anthony November 14, 2007 04:28PM

Re: Amazon says.... (spoilers)

Greg Reeder November 14, 2007 04:59PM

Seen the book... some answers

Jon_B November 17, 2007 10:52AM

Re: Seen the book... some answers

Greg Reeder November 17, 2007 11:28AM

Jon_B November 17, 2007 02:32PM

Greg Reeder November 17, 2007 03:17PM

LOL !!!

Katherine Reece November 16, 2007 12:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login