Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 17, 2024, 10:17 am UTC    
December 02, 2015 12:11PM
[www.digitaltrends.com]

This has been discussed before, but I found this article to be particularly enlightening.

Surprisingly, wikipedia is up to date and fairly informating as well.
[en.wikipedia.org]

The lack of peer reviewed publications is interesting from the outsiders perspective, with a bias towards thinking of the journals as staid, conservative, and anti-progressivism (not me - others) However, it's also interesting to note that there are more than a couple of attempts at mathematically explaining where the mystery thrust is coming from... that are in peer reviewed journals.
They focus purely on the math, not the engineering, and attempt to slot the force of thrust back into classic newtonian physics (I think... my math isn't up where it used to be)

It would appear they are attempting to lay the groundwork for publications dealing with the engineering and potential applications thereof... without putting their academic necks on the line with claims that fly in the face of known knowledge.

It's fascinating to me as the whole circus seems to closely resemble (with allowances for cultural attitude shifts in the general public and academia) the years or decade leading up to the Kitty Hawk flight and the burgeoning understanding of the physics behind an airfoils proper shape for generating lift from air.

It's also interesting to note that those who do the experiments find the thrust, but dismiss it as some type of non-understood interference with the test -- and then are criticized by others who have not done the experiment. In addition, the proponents then try to fit the thrust into known physics and are then criticized for over simplifying.

It's like watching a five ring circus with acts going on in all five rings - I'm never quite sure where to look for the amusement factor.

Also worthy of fascination is the measurements when the drive was rotated to be perpindicular to the force of gravity -- and incidentally, the EM field of the earth itself.

bottom line... it appears they have gotten ahold of something they cannot easily explain, but can easily reproduce. Will this go the way of cold fusion (sunk into obscurement and being researched by Darpa) or will this go the way of Kitty Hawk... no explanations until someone builds an incontrovertibly demonstrable model at full scale?

Subject Author Posted

EMDrive

sansahansan December 02, 2015 12:11PM

Re: EMDrive

Rick Baudé December 02, 2015 12:57PM

sansahansan December 02, 2015 03:23PM

Rick Baudé December 02, 2015 03:28PM

EMDrive

Jammer December 03, 2015 11:52AM

Tommi Huhtamaki December 03, 2015 03:47AM

sansahansan December 03, 2015 03:03PM

Rick Baudé December 05, 2015 11:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login