Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 5, 2024, 7:42 pm UTC    
April 20, 2005 07:40PM
Hi Teacup

Okay I see what you mean - more that its arogantly dismissive than a "logical fallacy". I have to admit I even saw something once with my girlfriend at the time that seemed like a silver saucer darting around some flats. But I'm afraid I'm pretty skeptical on the whole thing in general. I think we are essentially spiritual beings, and when people are confronted by spiritual phenomena, they will interpret it in whatever way their cultural Weltanschauung permits. I've read books like "Open skies, closed minds" and several others, let alone many of the 'documentaries' that crop up all the time, and wouldn't say I dismiss it all completely as a possibility. I rekon there is probably something like 5% of all the reports that genuinely do need a better explanation than has been given. When you have so many of the likes of passenger and millitary jet pilots and police claiming to have seen things that clearly don't match known phenomena - objects moving and changing direction at increadible speeds, on radar and even on videos from space - its clear there is something to be explained. But I'd prefer to be skeptical of assuming its aliens in spaceships as thats a cultural interpretation IMO. And I am very skeptical of every single case I have heard of where people claim to have actually seen or met an ET. I've sometimes woken up with a strange feeling that something like that has happened in the night. But I can step back from that and see the similarities with a lingering dream of a different type where I had felt no fear. I could easily let the fear build more vivid pictures in my mind than the lingering impressions warrant. But I make a conscious decision to hold to what I know and nothing else. So my suspicion is that these personal encounters are driven mostly be fear. I keep an open mind - but not all possibilities are equal smiling smiley

Simon
Subject Author Posted

Instant Expert: Astrobiology

Simon April 20, 2005 10:45AM

Re: Instant Expert: Astrobiology

teacup April 20, 2005 12:26PM

Simon April 20, 2005 01:55PM

teacup April 20, 2005 07:15PM

Simon April 20, 2005 07:40PM

darkuser April 21, 2005 08:11AM

teacup April 21, 2005 10:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login