Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 20, 2024, 12:34 pm UTC    
June 16, 2005 03:37PM
Thanks, Doug. I've seen both references to Zuni and Hopi initially having peach orchards (seeds given by the Spaniards as well). I am curious as to what the park employee exactly had to say about it so, hopefully, will get a response soon. I wonder if the person on that other thread was referring to the same information. Doesn't Menzies also comment on the peaches and tries to tie them in to his theory as well? I packed up his book, unread--I'm about 4 books behind now lol--but will try to read it this fall after we unpack my books. sad smiley

The Gallup Independent site recently went through an upheaval. Might have been server death, can't recall. Their archives have been really spotty ever since.

It's kind of sadly humorous but my family and I went to Canyon de Chelly when my daughter was about a month old. I completely missed the fact that peaches were still being grown there, lol. I guess I was too busy minding a 5 year old, a baby and dosed up on painkillers from my c-section to notice it. eye popping smiley

The one thing that I have noticed in reading various transcriptions of oral history for the Navajo is that there is sometimes alot of variation. The base story remains the same but some things are changed. I guess that's the downfall of remembering information in the oral fashion.

Let's hope that guy replies. grinning smiley It would make much more chronological sense if the peaches were introduced by the Spaniards. The thing that intrigues me is Turkey and his stashing of seeds. Just what seeds did Turkey stash before the journey to this world?

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

Navajo peaches

Stephanie June 15, 2005 06:42PM

Re: Navajo peaches

Lee June 16, 2005 12:22PM

Stephanie June 16, 2005 12:44PM

Allan Shumaker June 16, 2005 01:41PM

Lee June 16, 2005 01:50PM

Stephanie June 16, 2005 02:02PM

Allan Shumaker June 16, 2005 12:29PM

Stephanie June 16, 2005 01:09PM

Doug Weller June 16, 2005 02:54PM

Stephanie June 16, 2005 03:37PM

kenuchelover June 18, 2005 01:41AM

Stephanie June 22, 2005 03:42PM

kenuchelover June 23, 2005 11:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login