Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 11:50 am UTC    
May 13, 2020 08:24AM
When I rented the DVD from Netflix I knew nothing about the movie. It just sounded interesting. Since then I have been doing a lot of reading online about Alita: Battle Angel. The movie is based on a 1990s Manga series by Yukito Kishiro. James Cameron was fascinated by the story and purchased the film rights back in 1999. Production was announced in 2003 but was continually delayed while Cameron was directing Avatar and the sequels. Finally in 2016 Cameron turned the project over to director Robert Rodriguez to make the film at his studio in Austin, Texas.

The film premiered in London, England on January 31, 2019. As part of the promotion Tilley Lockey was presented with a pair of Alita prosthetic arms.
[news.yahoo.com]
She must be the coolest kid in her school.

The film was released in the USA on February 14, 2019 by 20th Century Fox in 3D and IMAX 3D formats. I am not sure where Fox spent the marketing budget but it certainly was not out here in the ‘flyover states’. A month later on March 19, 2019 20th Century Fox was acquired by Walt Disney Company. There are many conspiracy theories circulating online that Disney did not want competition for its’ Captain Marvel which released on March 8, 2019. Rotten Tomatoes apparently removed about 50K negative reviews for Captain Marvel and posted fake positive reviews.

Elon Musk is also a fan. He posted a photo of a Spacex rocket with Alita
[www.reddit.com]

My favorite scene from the movie is when Alita showed off the capabilities of her new URM Berserker body. [www.youtube.com]

"The Stone Age did not end for lack of stone, and the Oil Age will end long before the world runs out of oil"

-- Sheikh Zaki Yamani
Subject Author Posted

Alita: Battle Angel

AWSX February 21, 2020 09:19AM

Re: Alita: Battle Angel

AWSX May 13, 2020 08:24AM

KatDawg May 13, 2020 01:54PM

AWSX May 13, 2020 06:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login