Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 3:57 am UTC    
February 21, 2020 09:19AM
[dvd.netflix.com]
Set on Earth in the year 2563, 300 years after the Fall, a cyber doctor salvaging in the rubbish heap beneath Zalem, the only remaining floating city, finds the upper torso of a young cyborg girl whose brain is still alive. Dr. Ito successfully connected her brain and antimatter heart to the cyborg body of his own daughter who was murdered years before.

When the girl regained consciousness she had no memory, not even her name, so Dr. Ito gave her his daughter’s name: Alita. During the surgery the doctor discovered that she was the product of United Republics of Mars technology which had been lost for 300 years as both the populations of Earth and Mars had been decimated by bioweapons.

As Alita regains snippets of her memory she realizes that she was created to be a warrior and had battled on Earth’s moon and had attacked Zalem. She eventually finds a crashed URM ship and recovers a spare URM cyborg lower body. When she is reattached with that body she becomes invincible.

This movie was released about a year ago but I was not aware of it until I came across it on Netflix. When watching the first time I noticed many similarities to Avatar and this became clear during the credits. James Cameron produced the film and worked on the screenplay. The graphics are based on the same motion capture technology that was developed for Avatar and are truly amazing.

This is the best Sci-Fi movie I have seen in years. Alita is a very likable character but she is drawn to combat and the movie has many remarkable fight scenes. Disney has control of the franchise and the fan base is hoping for a sequel.

"The Stone Age did not end for lack of stone, and the Oil Age will end long before the world runs out of oil"

-- Sheikh Zaki Yamani
Subject Author Posted

Alita: Battle Angel

AWSX February 21, 2020 09:19AM

Re: Alita: Battle Angel

AWSX May 13, 2020 08:24AM

KatDawg May 13, 2020 01:54PM

AWSX May 13, 2020 06:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login