Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 21, 2024, 8:41 am UTC    
November 15, 2005 12:00PM
She's lovely, isn't she? She almost looks like she's happy and mischievious in that picture. I found this site online that talks about them:

[www.galapagosonline.com]

We bought a young turtle several months ago (we had no clue that he was illegal in the US to be sold!). Because of sanitation concerns, I'm the turtle's primary caregiver. I wasn't quite sure what a turtle was going to be like as a pet and I've been so impressed. He recognizes me and begs at the side of the tank to be fed (even if I've just fed him, lol). He plays follow the finger games with my children and always moves to the best position to watch the kids play or watch tv (right now, he's watching noggin with my daughter lol). When it's tank cleaning time, he patiently hangs out in a little container until his tank is ready again and promptly redecorates the fake floating pants and rocks to just the way he likes it. If his plants get lodged under his dock, he moves them right back to where they should be in his mind.

If our little baby turtle is this much of a personality, I can't even imagine what Harriet must be like. smiling smiley

Stephanie

In every man there is something wherein I may learn of him, and in that I am his pupil.--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subject Author Posted

Harriet Turns 175

Allan Shumaker November 14, 2005 11:22PM

Re: Harriet Turns 175

Dave L November 15, 2005 10:54AM

Stephanie November 15, 2005 12:00PM

Dave L November 15, 2005 01:02PM

Stephanie November 15, 2005 02:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login