Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 2, 2024, 6:15 pm UTC    
September 13, 2009 01:43AM
I just wanted to point out that I checked the observational characteristics of the brightest stars along with other Orion constellation stars at the epoch the pyramid of Senwosret II was built from that location and didn’t find anything interesting – at least relating to the Giza layout and pyramids.

But it is not only these stars that are of interest. Now, the closest star to Earth , Rigil Kentaurus is below the horizon at Giza. But this is not the case for Illahun. At Illahun it is barely (astronomically – not observation wise) above the horizon – with an altitude of 0.38 degrees. If one was to check when this star is at exactly 0 degrees maximum altitude he would have to wait for 2112 AD – see Rush album title.

I checked the sky – I always refer to now (Sep 2009 AD) at Illahun pyramid – for the altitude of the 20 brightest stars of the sky. I found no relations for nrs 11 to 20. But I did find relations for 5 of the 9 brightest stars. I have already referred to the two – Sirius and Rigil Kentaurus. Below I show how the altitude of Arcturus seems to be encoded. Here the error is 0.25 degrees.

Below we see how the slope of Khufu’s pyramid encodes the altitude of Rigel.

What’s strange is Betelgeuse. It’s altitude is 67.234 degrees. The complementary angle is 22.766 degrees. But this is the angle of Kafre pyramid’s lower passage. What is this trying to tell us? Could it be that Betelgeuse is going to blow and at the right time we should be underground shielded from the radiation? It has been found that Betelgeuse is shrinking for the last 15 years. By now it has shrunk 15% that is by the size of the Venus orbit! Should we put 2 and 2 together?
Subject Author Posted

is it time?

Ogygos September 12, 2009 03:49AM

Re: is it time?

Warwick L Nixon September 12, 2009 12:32PM

Ogygos September 13, 2009 01:43AM

Byrd September 13, 2009 02:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login