Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 12:18 am UTC    
December 10, 2007 04:32PM
I just received the message that follows with the request:

"Please feel free to pass this letter on to anyone you see fit."

I've indicated that I'm willing to chat with her, but I'm curious to hear from others who have experience with this kind of programming. Is it better to engage or abstain?

"'Truth Be Known' introduces ordinary people struggling with unexplainable mysteries, and shares the adventures of researchers uncovering alternative ways of understanding our world."

Don't those ordinary people who are struggling with unexplainable mysteries need our help? Is this a context in which a skeptic will invariably be portrayed as a fool or worse?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 2:53 PM
To: Hoopes, John W
Subject: 2012 Documentary

Dear Dr. Hoopes,

My name is Rachel Knudsen, and I am a researcher for a television documentary series entitled “Truth Be Known,” which examines theories that challenge culturally accepted knowledge. Details of the program are below.

We are very interested in looking at the growing "2012" phenomena that is taking place in new age circles throughout North America. We are looking for people who are skeptical of the 2012 theory. I came across your name on the Internet and thought you would be a good person to contact.

Would it be possible for us to have a chat soon? I'd like to learn more about your research, as well as tell you more about our project.

Also, if you could recommend any other researcher or writers in North America that I should speak to about 2012, I would appreciate any recommendations. Any experts or organizations would be a huge help. Please feel free to pass this letter on to anyone you see fit.

You can contact me at my email address: rachelmarika@hotmail.com or at my phone in Vancouver: (604) 568-4428

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
Rachel Knudsen
Researcher, “Truth Be Known”
Screen Siren Pictures
Vancouver, BC
Tel: (604) 568-4428
rachelmarika@hotmail.com

Series Synopsis:

“Truth Be Known” is a thirteen-part documentary series that challenges our society’s accepted beliefs by exploring other possible truths. "Truth Be Known" introduces ordinary people struggling with unexplainable mysteries, and shares the adventures of researchers uncovering alternative ways of understanding our world. “Truth Be Known” brings each mystery to life through active investigations, insightful interviews, inventive animations, and well-crafted dramatic recreations, empowering the audience to seek out further conclusions on their own.

“Truth Be Known” is in the early stages of development with Mystery! a CanWest MediaWorks network. We plan to film the bulk of the series in 2008, and broadcast throughout Canada on Mystery! in 2009. We are dedicated to exploring these subjects in an intelligent, balanced and entertaining manner.

Screen Siren Pictures: www.screensirenpictures.com

In 2007, Screen Siren Pictures is proud to be celebrating 10 years in business as an active, independent film and television production company based in Vancouver, Canada. We create socially relevant, innovative, award-winning documentaries, dramatic film and television. Our focus on international co-productions and partnerships brings energy, creativity and integrity to all of our projects. Recent productions include the television movie Luna: Spirit of the Whale and the documentary Reservation Soldiers, both for CTV.
Subject Author Posted

2012 Skeptics Wanted

John Hoopes December 10, 2007 04:32PM

Re: 2012 Skeptics Wanted

Thadd December 10, 2007 05:27PM

Khazar-khum December 10, 2007 07:15PM

John Hoopes December 11, 2007 02:07AM

Hermione December 11, 2007 04:13AM

Katherine Reece December 17, 2007 12:41AM

cladking December 23, 2007 08:58PM

2012 Conference, Hollywood - 1st March 2008

Hermione January 02, 2008 03:26AM

Re: 2012 Conference, Hollywood - 1st March 2008

Warwick L Nixon January 02, 2008 11:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login