Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 19, 2024, 6:20 pm UTC    
September 21, 2001 05:15PM
<HTML>Hi Kat,

Did you see the sub-article?

"<I>The use of hijacked airliners as terrorist cruise missiles has been known to be a tactic used by terrorists linked to Osama Bin Laden since 1995. That’s when terrorist Ramsi Youssef was captured by police in the Philippines.
Computer hard drives were recovered during the arrest that laid out plans for spectacular terrorist attacks using aircraft. The data on the hard drives belonging to Youssef was decoded and revealed several key operations of Bin Laden operatives. It was ultimately used to convict the terrorists who carried out the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
According to an intelligence source involved in decoding the hard drives, the first plan was to assassinate Pope John Paul II during a scheduled visit to the Philippines. The airliner terrorism was outlined as part of a terrorist operation code-named “Project Bojinka.”
<B>The operation called for hijacking U.S.-bound commercial airliners from the Philippines, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. The hijacked aircraft were to be crashed into structures in the United States, including the World Trade Center, the White House, Pentagon, the Transamerica tower in San Francisco and the Sears Tower in Chicago.</B>
“A dry run was even conducted on a Tokyo-bound Philippines Airline flight which fortunately was aborted by our security personnel,” the source said.</I>"

Intelligence <I>knew</I> about an airliner attack on the WTC/Pentagon, etc. years ago?? Am I reading that right?

Avry</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Justice, Egyptian style

Don Holeman September 21, 2001 01:45AM

Egypt upgrades ties with Iraq

Katherine Reece September 21, 2001 04:28PM

Re: Egypt upgrades ties with Iraq

R. Avry Wilson September 21, 2001 05:15PM

Living in a free and open society

Katherine Reece September 21, 2001 09:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login