Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 19, 2024, 6:22 am UTC    
Derek Barnett
September 20, 2001 04:55AM
<HTML>Hi Robert,

Let me start by saying that it is good to see you here and that I am looking forward to what will, no doubt, be some lively debates should you decide to stick around. Recent events have I hope served to put the heated exchanges of the past into some sort of context and I am sure that we would all welcome some of the old style cut and thrust, sans the more excessive vitriol, as a diversion in these troubled times.

I was lucky enough to have attended your lecture during the Edinburgh Festival and share your dissapointment that there was insufficient time to allow for questions from the floor. Had there been then this is the one I would have asked.

During that part of your presentation concerning the Sphinx and the correlation with the Leo contellation, as set out in Keeper of Genesis, you stated IIRC that "there is no question that they [the AE's] did [recognise the Leo constellation]." If memory serves this point was presented as a sly dig at the Egyptological establishment's conservatism toward alternative theories.

Could you firstly explain, how such an emphatic statement can be justified, given that there is indeed a well argued case that they did not? Secondly could you also explain why it matters if, as you appear the believe, the Sphinx was not built by the AE's but by some older and now lost civilisation?

Regards,

Derek</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Sphinx question for Robert Bauval

Derek Barnett September 20, 2001 04:55AM

Re: Sphinx question for Robert Bauval

John Wall September 20, 2001 05:40AM

Robert G. Bauval September 20, 2001 01:13PM

Derek Barnett September 20, 2001 01:55PM

Robert G. Bauval September 21, 2001 12:56AM

Don Holeman September 21, 2001 01:52AM

Robert G. Bauval September 21, 2001 02:26AM

Mikey Brass September 21, 2001 04:06AM

John Wall September 21, 2001 04:35AM

Katherine Reece September 21, 2001 05:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login