Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 10:22 am UTC    
Anonymous User
September 17, 2001 07:39AM
<HTML>Folks,

I sense the battlelines on this MB have been drawn yet we are all united in our sadness, anger and remorse at what has happened and our determination for justice to be done. However, nothing we say will have much effect on the decisions that will be taken within the US, NATO and Taliban in the coming days and weeks.

I am personally only bothered by the gung ho attitude adopted by Ishmael (Christopher Ash) to wage war on Iraq and Afghanistan and to bomb our way to peace and I also gather that such opinion is also raging across the US. I recall a quote I heard on the radio last week to "keep the rubble bouncing" from one inflamed US resident although there are also many that would prefer a more peaceful solution. I'm alarmed by Ishmaels response as I gather he is a Canadian citizen and so whatever personal opinion he has its unlikely he will be personally volunteering to serve in the bloodbath he proposes.

We as a united world grieve at the misery and destitution in the US so it is imperative that any solution to the terrorist threat should be one that satisfies all of us and not just the reactionary groups demanding more blood (and there are also many in the UK demanding revenge too). I suggest we wait and see what developments occur over the coming days but lets have tolerance of all points of view expressed here.

KRs,

Duncan</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Let's wait and see

Anonymous User September 17, 2001 07:39AM

I completely agree with you

Claire September 17, 2001 07:42AM

I completely agree also.

MattCarps September 17, 2001 07:50AM

Re: Let's wait and see

ISHMAEL September 17, 2001 10:13AM

lone September 17, 2001 10:35AM

Anonymous User September 17, 2001 11:13AM

ISHMAEL September 17, 2001 11:42AM

Anonymous User September 17, 2001 12:31PM

ISHMAEL September 17, 2001 01:30PM

Katherine Reece September 17, 2001 01:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login