Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 4, 2024, 3:06 pm UTC    
September 14, 2001 02:56PM
<HTML>They should rebuild, but give it some sort of new name perhaps(?).

I have thought that maybe a link with Peace or Tolerance or Brotherhood in the title might be appropriate - but yet retaining its association with World Trade. Perhaps the "World Trade and Global Peace Towers(?)."

It's just some random thoughts from me.

When those buildings remained standing after the first aircraft hit, I stedied myself with a sense of pride in "Yankee Engineering." It was some sense of defiance that the buildings withstood such an increadible assault.

But when I watched the buildings collapse, my heart sank with them.

To have granted these enemies such a total victory - such a complete success over the United States and New York, and all the innocents that otherwise would have escaped the fires, seemed too much to bear.

I cannot be satisfied - nor can millions of Americans - with simple "Justice." It is not enough to bring those responsible to "trial." Toerrorism must be ended and the organizations that promote hatred against the United States exterminated.

I am a Canadian. I've been living in the US for just under 2 years. But I feel now such a bond with America - so much greater than I ever thought I would feel.

To rebuild those buildings would send a great message to the world - and to our own hearts. That the US cannot be overcome. That America cannot be beaten down. America needs this - as the world needs America.</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Trade Center leaseholder is determined to rebuild

Katherine Reece September 14, 2001 12:19PM

Re: Trade Center leaseholder is determined to rebuild

John Wall September 14, 2001 01:34PM

ISHMAEL September 14, 2001 02:56PM

Katherine Reece September 14, 2001 04:09PM

ISHMAEL September 14, 2001 10:01PM

melting pot (tossed salad?)

Katherine Reece September 14, 2001 10:44PM

Anthony September 15, 2001 06:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login