Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 2, 2024, 2:24 pm UTC    
September 06, 2001 02:41PM
<HTML>Anthony -

Edwards is a fraud. I've watched him too and had to be sure you were describing the same guy. He gets miss after miss and moves right on at fast pace, getting vaguer and vaguer until *something* hits. Then he's onto a line of inquiry, and it looks really convincing. I've seen him get name, gender, age, illness, mode of death, relationship wrong, wrong, wrong. When he misses he moves straight along to the next option. Someone has to have *some* woman they know who died (not even recently, in many cases).

I've read that some audience members commented that they were left sitting in the studio for two hours before the taping and were talking to each other about why they were there -- cameras on? mikes on? Edwards listening in? Who knows? Another guy I read about said he spotted people who came in together as a group, sat apart at different locations in the audience, and Edwards went straight for them when he came out. Make of that what you will ...

Edwards and Van Praagh were on Larry King Live in March and were nailed to the floor by Paul Kurtz (a nasty CSICOP). They ended up just abusing him, because they couldn't address his objections.

And haven't you ever wondered why the dead only come back with crushing banalities ("I loved you and it's not your fault I choked on the chicken bone") instead of some answers to the really BIG questions? I mean, they're supposedly dead, with God, on the other side. Don't they have anything <i>interesting</i> to say?

The whole thing is, in my view, a scam. And one that preys on the recently bereaved. I find it repulsive.

Garrett</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

On Larry King - psychic versus skeptic challenge [long]

Mikey Brass September 05, 2001 01:16PM

Re: On Larry King - psychic versus skeptic challenge [long]

Anthony September 05, 2001 02:51PM

jameske September 05, 2001 04:16PM

jameske September 05, 2001 05:04PM

Mikey Brass September 05, 2001 05:32PM

Peter VanderZwet September 05, 2001 07:37PM

JoeRoyle September 06, 2001 05:36AM

Anthony September 06, 2001 07:14AM

Garrett Fagan September 06, 2001 02:41PM

ISHMAEL September 07, 2001 12:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login