Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 19, 2024, 3:57 pm UTC    
November 29, 2006 05:00PM
Again, I think it's important to be proactive about Michael Tsarion. As you know, discrediting science through claims that "scientists don't know about" or "scientists have ignored" are among the standard methodologies of pseudoscientists. I think that our position gains much credibility and authority when it can be said, "we've known about and already considered" or even "this was considered and discredited months ago". The supposed element of surprise, with claims of new discoveries, new data, or new theories, is what makes stuff newsworthy. Tsarion, whose methodology is combining lots of existing fantastic elements towards a specific ideological goal, should not be considered newsworthy unless he's actually come up with something new. A rehashing of Blavatsky, Churchward, Donnelly, Velikovsky, von Daniken, Sitchin, Hancock, and the like--which often takes advantage of the public's ignorance by claiming their ideas are "new"--should not be newsworthy.

So far, I've watched several of Tsarion's video lectures (which is how I think *most* of the public is consuming his work). I have only read what he has published online, not his hardcopy books (which are available through his website but not [Amazon.com] . According to his own list, he seems to be popular on the talk radio circuit [www.taroscopes.com] His web presence includes his main website [www.taroscopes.com] as well as an auxiliary one [www.michaeltsarion.com] and a weblog [www.mtsar.blogspot.com]

My initial comment referred to these other media, which I think may have superceded books in the public's consumption of pseudoarchaeology. An inquiring journalist, student, or independent researcher who is searching the web for information about Michael Tsarion should be able to find some information here that would help them to evaluate his claims. At present, the Wikipedia entry on him is fairly short [en.wikipedia.org] However, a Google search on "Michael Tsarion" turns up tens of thousands of pages.

Subject Author Posted

Michael Tsarion

John Hoopes November 27, 2006 07:58PM

Re: Michael Tsarion

Ronald November 28, 2006 02:03AM

Hermione November 28, 2006 03:18AM

Ronald November 28, 2006 12:18PM

Hermione November 28, 2006 01:10PM

Ronald November 30, 2006 03:10AM

Hans November 28, 2006 05:33AM

John Hoopes November 28, 2006 08:55PM

Sue November 28, 2006 12:50PM

a question

Sue November 28, 2006 12:55PM

Re: a question

John Hoopes November 28, 2006 08:42PM

Hans November 29, 2006 01:08AM

John Hoopes November 29, 2006 05:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login