Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 19, 2024, 5:03 am UTC    
Litz
August 01, 2001 05:24PM
<HTML>Hi Garret,
I have seen an example of this concept of no evidence... precipitation induced erosion on the Sphinx. And I have seen why the archeological community says there is no evidence. To me calling that process normal scientific method is distressing. I have no interest in getting into a back and forth on details... I would not win... but simply the fact that people better versed in the specifics than I cannot definitively agree on all issues as being bunk (and in some cases seem to do a better job of reverse de-bunking), I find something desparately wrong with the urgent need to totally dismiss all parts of alternative theories. It comes across as a science seeing itself on such shaky ground that it fears the slightest tremors. If all GH and RB theories are pure bunk, why the fear? It certainly doesn't exist in other scientific disciplines to such a degree... some have even learned to respect each other!!! The scientist in me just doesn't get it (which unfortunately only leaves me with the psychologist inside me thinking he does... and I don't like what he thinks).
Litz</HTML>
Subject Author Posted

Proof and Posturing

Mark Fagan August 01, 2001 10:43AM

Re: Proof and Posturing

Litz August 01, 2001 11:24AM

Anthony August 01, 2001 11:36AM

javier August 01, 2001 12:08PM

Litz August 01, 2001 04:32PM

Garrett August 01, 2001 05:02PM

Litz August 01, 2001 05:24PM

Re: PS

Litz August 01, 2001 05:27PM

Re: PS

Litz August 03, 2001 09:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login