Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 6, 2024, 12:03 pm UTC    
June 26, 2018 08:32AM
They were rather adamant that you can not yet Charlotte who has posted on this and other forums and has been to Egypt numerous times is adamant that she could see The Step Pyramid "from high up on The Giza Plateau" ... so she claims these know it alls are in error. Regardless of this it would appear that the pyramids in this picture I posted are at least showing us either:

1} The Step Pyramid
2} The Red Pyramid
3) The Bent Pyramid

or

1) The Step Pyramid
2) The Great Pyramid
3) The Pyramid of Khafre

or ? which is why I asked.

According to an horizon website these are the results from viewing from atop the Great Pyramid and The Step Pyramid.

and The Step Pyramid

Since the distance you can see from atop The Great Pyramid is 26.9 miles seeing The Step Pyramid is without question since it is only 8.91 miles away. Likewise seeing The Bent and The Red Pyramid from atop The Great Pyramid is definite since The Bent is only about 14.52 miles away. Thus from atop The Great Pyramid all other pyramids can be seen maybe even Meidum which is about 33.4 miles away.

So as you can see those think they know it alls were wrong (as usual) and all pyramids can be seen from atop The Great Pyramid. Since they were totally wrong on this point I assumed they were wrong on the other about The Step Pyramid being able to be seen from the ground which is why I asked. And quoting that site. although you may think it is clever, is in my opinion in bad taste.

regards
db

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2018 09:23AM by Ahatmose.
Subject Author Posted

How far is the horizon in Egypt

Don Barone June 25, 2018 10:13PM

Re: How far is the horizon in Egypt

Don Barone June 25, 2018 10:38PM

Hermione June 26, 2018 02:19AM

Don Barone June 26, 2018 08:32AM

Don Barone June 26, 2018 10:19AM

Don Barone June 26, 2018 11:06AM

Don Barone June 26, 2018 11:51AM

Byrd July 11, 2018 09:10PM

Hans July 12, 2018 05:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login