Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

April 29, 2024, 11:04 pm UTC    
January 11, 2013 11:03AM
Here's my theory on how the 2nd and 3rd pyramid heights were derived from the height of the Great Pyramid.

Khafre's Pyramid height was derived using a 1:5 rectangle, the height of G1 being the diagonal of said rectangle.

Menkaure's Pyramid was derived using a 1:2 rectangle, again with G1 height being the diagonal of the rectangle.

Glad I solved that. Those heights were pretty weird compared to G1's nice round 280 RC height. Now I know why. They weren't independently set, they were derived geometrically from the height of G1. I solved how the G3 height was derived quite some time ago but the G2 derivation was a little less obvious and I just solved that within the last hour. This height for G2 results in a side length of 411.8438838 RC, which is a little more than the actual measurements reported. So it appears that the slope angle was adjusted so that the side lengths would also be in sqrt ratios with G1 side lengths. Anyway, it's too close to perfect for this not to be how the height was derived, in my opinion. There is no rule that the builders HAD to have used a perfect 3:4:5 type slope angle. That's just an assumption made because it looks very close to that. G1 is also CLOSE to being a perfect pi pyramid but it's not perfect that way either. G3 slope angle is neither, and seemingly just a close approximation to G1 slope angle.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 11:28AM by Rigel_7.
Subject Author Posted

Giza Pyramid Heights

Rigel_7 January 11, 2013 11:03AM

Re: Giza Pyramid Heights

MJ Thomas 2 January 11, 2013 01:23PM

Re: Giza Pyramid Heights

Rigel_7 January 11, 2013 01:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login