Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 12:58 pm UTC    
July 24, 2011 11:06AM
4 B.C. does not agree with the astronomic data, we don't know how accurate an alignment we have but it's hard to believe that our timeline agrees so well due to coincidence.

Regarding the Bethlehem star, I believe the 3 Magoi might have made astronomic calculations on certain stars to compute the exact place where Jesus would be born.

They might have been aware of the following:

According to theologic circles Jesus was born January 6, and years later on that day - his birthday, he was baptized(Epiphany).

My Starry Night Pro Plus software yields a transit altitude for Kochab on January 19 1 AD of 40.0000 degrees. This means exactly 40 degrees. To Jan 6 I have added 13 days because back then we had the old calender. Perfect match.

Thus the Magoi might have know this angle that agrees with the gematria value of the word Christ(XRISTOS).

Now an interesting this is that at the exact time when Kochab - pole star of the time is at its highest point(40 degrees), the altitude of Arcturus (alpha Bootes) is 50.0277 degrees. Thus with great proximity the Kochab - Arcturus angle - altitudes are complementary.

Thus a ratio manifests , the 4/5 ratio, and the Hellenic name for ratio is LOGOS, a name given to Jesus - as speech , ratio, word etc.

What we have to keep in mind about the Jesus star - is that it is seen by the Magoi in the East. They then decide to follow it and they end up at Palestine where there is reference that it is above their heads.

What does this all mean?

This star cannot be a planet - since it is above their heads - high in the sky.

It cannot be a pole star in the North. It cannot be a star of the South - like Sirius, Canopus, or Rigil Kentaurus.

To see what the Magoi had seen I inserted the coordinates of the ancient Persian city of Susa and went back in time when Jesus was born.

One notices that at some time Arcturus is due East, and at another time it is pretty much above ones head(zenith).

Now as I have stated apart from Kochab , Polaris is also encoded - in the azimuth of the center base of the two largest pyramids in Giza(Kafre, Khufu).

Therefore if one adjusts the time so that Polaris is at its lowest point - lower culmination point then , looking at Arcturus data he notes that the azimuth is 88.8 degrees - leading to the gematria value of Jesus(888). I just want to point out that due East is 90 degrees. It seems that the Magoi were aware of this.

They then were looking for a place at Palestine with the right latitude so that the max Kochab angle is 40 degrees, and at the same time the max angle of Arcturus is 88.8 degrees.

It thus seems that the Jesus - Bethlehem star was Arcturus.

Thus when Arcturus was at it's highest point at 88.81.. degrees, the time was 5:39 am , This time agrees perfectly well with the ancient accounts dealing with the birth of Jesus. Its the time one goes to church on Christmas day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2011 11:08AM by Ogygos.
Subject Author Posted

Jesus birth - an astronomic look

Ogygos July 20, 2011 02:47PM

Re: Jesus birth - an astronomic look

Sam July 24, 2011 08:29AM

Ogygos July 24, 2011 11:06AM

Sam July 24, 2011 02:40PM

Jammer July 25, 2011 06:59AM

stars of the south

Ogygos July 25, 2011 11:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login