Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 10:21 am UTC    
December 29, 2010 12:03PM
Hi all ...

In my "never ending" pursuit to make sense of The Giza Plateau and to add more proof to my (actually the idea belongs to Clive Ross --- I really wonder where he is. I hope he is alright ! ) theory I decided to expand my previous posts on sound and light to include gravity as well. Try as I might I was unable to make sense gravitational wise with the distances at Giza but I then expanded my search to include Astronomical distances and LD or Lunar Distances since it is speculated that Thoth was "The Moon" and also "The Measurer" so I concluded that maybe some significant findings could be obtained using a LD (384,401 kilometres as a base unit. What follows is my first foray into this interesting sub thread of my research. Here is the page I used where all my calculations and conclusions can be checked.

[www.easysurf.cc]

I initially tried to find significance with the square root of 2 and square root of 3 but met with limited success and so I began to look for maybe other distances and measures that could make sense. I started by trying the square root of 2 x's 1,000,000 but did not get anywhere and then I tried 1417.33 x's 1000 and noticed that this yielded a value reasonably close to to the number of LD (Lunar Distances that would give us about 880,000 miles so I backtracked to see what value would give us exactly 880,000 miles noticing of course that this would give 1,760,000 (perimeter of The Great Pyramid x 1000) and divided by two which would give us the side distance in cubits.

Doing the necessary calculations I found that to obtain exactly 880,000 miles this would give us 3.68423266 Lunar Distances. This would also give us 1,416,272 kilometres close to 1,417,330 but not exact but interesting nevertheless. Distance to Mars was 141,634,790 miles which was almost an exact match and gave a hint that we may be on the right path. Mars' distance checks to within 99.995 % accuracy !!!!! (141,627,200 / 141,634,790 =0.9999464 Pretty neat I thought.

Conclusion #1

When one uses the half periemter of G1 and uses the scale 1 cubit = 1000 miles (1000 scale being a common theme at Giza) we find that when we transfer this distance to kilometres we see that it is almost exactly (to within .005 % accuracy) the distance to Mars in miles using 1 kilometre = 1000 miles ( see accompanying image)

As interesting as that proved to be I was even more amused by this but first the ratios:

880,000 miles = 3.68423266 Lunar Distances

3.68423266 Lunar Distances = 1,416,272 kilometres

1 Astronomical Unit = 389.171 Lunar Distances

Now amazingly if we use the same number of Lunar distances as Astronomical Units we get this ...

3.68423266 Astronomical Units = 1,433.798 LD or Lunar Distances and this yields the distance from The Sun to Saturn to a degree of accuracy of 0.99975685 or 99.98 or accurate to 0.025 %

I like !

Conclusion "2"

If we allow the same number of LD's to get 880,000 mile and 1,416,272 kilometres and the distance to Mars and transfer that LD number to Astronomical Units we get the distance to Saturn.

Is this graphic proof of what The Ancient Egyptians meant when they claimed that Thoth was "The Measurer" This exercise and the fact that the distance to The Moon is EXACTLY 10 times the circumference of The Earth would lead to a conclusion that The Moon does seem to be a unit used throughout out The Solar System and could indeed be The Thoth of Ancient Egypt.

- Zecharia Sitchin, When Time Began

"...the Egyptians and the Sumerian people of Mesopotamia worshipped virtually identical lunar deities who were amongst the very oldest in their respective pantheons. Exactly like Thoth, the Sumerian moon-god Sin was charged with measuring the passage of time."

- Pyramid Texts

"Thoth was called in the Pyramid Texts'He who reckons the heavens, the counter of the stars and the measurer of the Earth', the inventor of arts and sciences, scribe of the gods, the 'One who made calculations concerning the heavens, the stars and the Earth'. As the 'Reckoner of times and of seasons', he was depicted with a symbol combining the Sun's disk and the Moon's crescent upon his head, and - in words reminiscent of the biblical adoration of the Celestial Lord - the Egyptian inscriptions and legends said of Thoth that his knowledge and powers of calculating 'measured out the heavens and planned the Earth'. His hieroglyphic name Tehuti is usually explained as meaning 'He who balances'. Heinrich Brugsch (Religion und Mythologie) and E. A. Wallis Budge (The Gods of the Egyptians) interpreted that to mean that Thoth was the 'god of the equilibrium' and considered depictions of him as 'Master of the Balance' to indicate that he was associated with the equinoxes - the time when the day and the night were balanced."

- Jean-Philipe Lauer, Saqqara

A king list written on papyrus from the New Kingdom is in the Turin Museum.
"Originally it listed around 300 names of kings, and the aim of its compiler was completeness. No king seems to have been too minor or sort-reigned for inclusion. the Palestinian kings who formed the Hyksos Dynasty were included, even though they did not merit having heir names written in cartouches. This, in fact, was a remarkable concession to reality: tacitly admitting a break in the succession of legitimate kings just for the purpose of attaining completeness. Against each king in the Turin list was written the precise length of his reign, sometimes to the exact day. At certain points a summary of numbers of kings and total length of reigns was inserted. Thus a the end of what we now the 8th Dynasty, a summary of 958 years, from the reign of King Menes, the first name of the lists, was provided."
"Immediately before Menes came several lines which summarize the collective reigns of 'spirits', not given individual names, and before these, and heading the whole compilation, a lift of deities. The name of each is written in a cartouche, as if a king, and followed by a precise length of reign. In the case of the god Thoth, for example, this is 7,726 years."

- [www.egyptartsite.com]

Thoth was a moon god who played an important role in the Osiris legend and the judgment of the dead in the Hall of Maat. Thoth was said to be mighty in knowledge and divine speech. The inventor of spoken and written language. As the lord of books he was the scribe of the gods and patron of all scribes. He is credited with inventing astronomy, geometry, and medicine. Thoth was the measurer of the earth and the counter of the stars, the keeper and recorder of all knowledge. It was Thoth who was believed to have written important religious texts such as The Book of the Dead. In this text, he appears in the Hall of Maat as a scribe holding a writing reed and palette to record the results of the weighing of the deceased's heart against the feather of Maat.

cheers
Don Barone

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db
Subject Author Posted

Suggestions that Thoth represented The Moon and was truly "The Measurer"

Don Barone December 29, 2010 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login