Home of the The Hall of Ma'at on the Internet
Home
Discussion Forums
Papers
Authors
Web Links

May 3, 2024, 7:48 am UTC    
June 04, 2010 06:45PM
Hi all I have been going over Perring's data and it is very interesting that he chose to put them all in feet and inches as I have neglected to change into this format in my other studies because I did not think it was relevant but I may have been a tad hasty.

I am going to start with G2 and make note of a very interesting observation. The height as given by Perring is 707 feet 9 inches Now I had not really given that much thought since it is not reported in feet on too many websites. It is usually given in meters. However if one looks at that number long enough suddenly it's significance will jump out at you.

Firstly let's think back to our old diagrams that show that the west face of G2 is precisely 1/4 of the way across the Giza Plateau or 353.55 cubits east of the western boundary. That is west face of G3 to west face of G2

Now I was quite surprised to find that the height of G2 in feet seems to be precisely 1000 times sine of 45 or 707.10 feet. A most interesting observation. It has long been noted that G1 is 1760 cubits in periemter which is the number of yards in a mile but it has always been ignored but there are many others of these I will be showing and I am quite surprised really.

We already also have seen that the base of G1 can easily be said to have been striving to equal precisely 756 feet as it is only out 2.6 inches under that distance of 9069.4 as opposed to 9072 inches.

So the apparent link between the two measures is 440 cubits = 756 feet

1 cubit = 1.71818 feet

and

1 foot = 0.582 cubit

Now almost all would agree that it seems or it is impossible that the Ancient Builders could have used a system of measurement supposedly invented in fairly recent times yet there they are. I am not advocating (yet) that they knew imperial measures but then there must be another reason Imperial and Egyptian (and Metric) measure seem to follow so closely. There must be a common denominator that ties the three of them together. I just find it interesting that The Ancient Builders could see it and use it in their construction projects.

Meanwhile G3 is even more interesting.

Best
Don Barone

"There is nothing as impenetrable as a closed mind"
and ..." if everything is a coincidence what is the point of studying or measuring or analyzing anything ?" db

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 06:46PM by Ahatmose.
Subject Author Posted

Did The Ancient Builders Use Imperial Measurements?

Don Barone June 04, 2010 06:45PM

Re: Did The Ancient Builders Use Imperial Measurements?

Don Barone June 04, 2010 07:25PM

Sirfiroth June 04, 2010 08:55PM

RLH June 05, 2010 02:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login